Binge watched tv shows

I was really looking forward to Mrs. Maisel but I can’t make heads or tails of it. I’m so disappointed.

2 Likes

We’re watching Mrs. Maisel. Just caught up with the new season’s episodes. I normally prefer to binge watch but will enjoy having something new to look forward to weekly.

You have to start with season 1. And… it will only be funny if you are ok with slightly off color humor. (Like any new show, it can take a while to get to know the various characters. We usually give new seriew 2 or 3 episodes before deciding yay or neigh. Ha, otherwise I would have never stuck with Friday Night Lights, one of my favorites.)

2 Likes

Loved Friday Night Lights, and I don’t even like football.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose!

I have thought about binging it again, but I am almost afraid to, it is that special to me. What if I don’t like it as much second time around? I tried binging House and it really disappointed me, even though I loved it when it was first on. Some shows just don’t age as well as others. And some don’t flow right for binging.

2 Likes

Oh we watched every show and loved the earlier ones. Just not liking this season.

4 Likes

I am SO late to the party but I recently starting binging Friday Night Lights and I LOVE everything about it!

3 Likes

The FNL movie producers followed my high school’s football team for a season before filming. I loved the movie and the series.

4 Likes

I’m with you. The first show of the season was so dark, I thought it would be hard to continue watching. Subsequently, it got a bit better, but still the underlying themes are sad–definitely not the comic escape I was hoping for.

1 Like

I agree- the other Mrs. Maisel seasons were much better.

2 Likes

Hmmm…curious about this new Maisel season…I don’t even remember where we left off - do they do a recap? It’s been a long pause!

Deleted

3 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

That was the last episode of last season. I deleted it

Thanks, I’m sure others not yet at that point will appreciate it. Season finale episodes do tend to encompass season story arcs.

I’ve watched the first of Season Four. I was a bit confused because I couldn’t remember the finale of Three and there’s little help with that. I did, afterward, find a three minute recap on some other website.

I overall like the show in many ways, but the one thing I get tripped on is her invisible children. Whole episodes go by without them figuring in in any way. In this 4.1, I’m like–she did have a daughter, didn’t she??? The Catskills shows a couple seasons ago also seemed to disappear them. I get that the theme is a woman trying to have a career, but even now, work/parent issues confound most women, and this gets really short shrift on the show. I’m thinking the writers couldn’t possibly have kids themselves.

4 Likes

I thought the same about the kids.

Those Catskills (this is no spoiler) scenes were among my most favorite of the series. Just felt like it seems it would have felt in that era.

4 Likes

I assume Zelda is watching the kids. We do occasionally see Ethan at least.

My favorite scenes were in Miami Beach, especially entering the hotel lobby.

1 Like

A little late to the game, but I loved Yellowjackets. I can’t wait for the next season.

2 Likes

Oh, I think the Catskill shows of Ms Maisel were my favorite too! (I still laugh about the walking around with a plunger… hope that is not a spoiler). I am from near there, and my mother who grew up in Queens used to do summer vacations there with her family.

I mean I just would like to see some actual interaction with the kids (really, from either parent, but she’s the star.) It just seems weird.

1 Like