Binge watched tv shows

Both were on The Wire. Reddick was on all 5 seasons; Hector joined in the third season

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification!

Yes, Irv is sort of creepy that way. I like the actor for Bosch very much, but I never read the books so I don’t have any other notions as to how he should be.

1 Like

Kind of apropos to this site, a Korean friend of mind suggested Sky Castle on Netflix. It is in line with Korean theater critical of the divide between the elites and ordinary people in Korean society. The focus here is the obsessiveness of elites with getting their kids into elite universities. The Tiger Mom is a furry kitten compared to some moms portrayed here.

Thanks. It was actually On Demand. I think it’s getting continuously worse.

I was not a fan of the first episode this season. The third was good. Hopefully, it will continue.

I’ve read all the Bosch books and when I first started watching the series I thought Titus Welliver (who plays Bosch in the series) was miscast. He didn’t seem at all like the Bosch in Michael Connolly’s series. That being said, after watching the show (I’ve seen the entire series) Welliver may not look (physically) like the Bosch in the novels, but his demeanor/attitude and even his stiff posture convey Bosch’s personality/spirit. What do people think of Connolly’s new Renee Ballard series? Ballard, an LAPD detective, works with Bosch (who’s retired and helps from the sidelines). So far, I like Renee Ballard.

1 Like

I like Connelly’s Late Show series, and the Renee Ballard character. Here I found the casting close to how I envisioned the character.

I will cross finders for the 3rd episode. The Villanelle Jesus was creepy and ridiculous.

Haven’t seen Renee Ballard (nor read the books), but when we finally catch up with Bosch we’ll probably try it out.

I’m not thrilled with the first episode of Killing Eve, but will probably stick it out, hoping for a satisfying(ish) conclusion.

We weren’t either. 2nd episodes not much better. Skieurope said the 3rd wasn’t bad.

“Killing Eve”. I can only take one episode at a time or it will kill me! It is…I can’t even think of a word. Jodie Comer (?) is a most amazing actress. She scares me to death, LOL.

2 Likes

Anyone watching “Barry” with Bill Hader? Wow, it’s violent, but also parts are laugh out loud funny. He is a good actor and Henry Winkler does a great job with a quirky character.

We were going to start it soon. It was recommended to me via HBO Max email saying if you liked Peacemaker, try this. It has great reviews on rotten tomatoes.

I liked Peacemaker better than I though I would. I love the opening credits/intro dance.

I just finished Mrs. Maisel’s fourth season. I was admittedly skeptical at the start, but it really picked up steam. The last couple episodes were really, really good. There’d better be a fifth season!

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I will stick it out.

The 5th season will be the last for Mrs. Maisel. I finished season 4 tonight, too.

3 Likes

I believe they are filming the 5th season now.

1 Like

We just watched a few new episodes of After Life that just came out. Still good. Still funny. Still a tear jerker.

I just binged on “Piece of Her” on Netflix. I couldn’t turn it off. I can’t wait for season 2.