Binge watched tv shows

I must be among the few people who were underwhelmed by Bloodline. I thought it was OK, but just OK.
OTOH, I’m enjoying “Borgen,” the danish political drama recommended here. I think I’ll try Versailles next, recommended by GMT7… Love checking this thread!

Yes to Borgen.

@Ynotgo,“Turn” has been back for a few weeks on AMC. Another good season, I think.

Love, love, LOVE “The Americans” (one show I keep up with each week) and was delighted to read it’s got two more seasons to finish its storyline: http://nyti.ms/1WXnkhE

I’ve gotten to the point where I watch almost everything except regular network shows with the closed captioning on. I’m always amazed at how much dialogue I miss when I don’t. And you frequently get bonus information, like who’s singing the songs on the soundtrack, the song name, and the lyrics.

I’ve been hoarding episodes of “Orphan Black” to binge-watch over the summer. Really fun show on BBC America with an extraordinary Canadian actress (Tatiana Maslany) playing multiple sister roles of varying nationalities. It’s very clever (and funny too).

Is anybody else planning to watch the new “Roots” this week? LeVar Burton is one of the producers. I’ve set the DVR. The original aired when I was in high school and unfortunately had too much homework to watch television. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never seen it! http://nyti.ms/1V8QFUm

We also watch most everything with closed captioning on. Same reasons as @LucieTheLakie plus not having to answer “What did he say?” for DH a bunch.

I also had time conflicts (work, not much homework at my HS school) during high school when the original Roots was on and have never watched it. Thanks for the reminder to set the DVR.

Binged watched Season 1 of Grace and Frankie. It started out slow, but by the end I liked it. I looked up Jane Fonda’s age (78) and Lilly Tomlin (76)–I think they both look great.

I love, love the soundtrack of Vikings.

What network is the new Roots on?

I am loving Amazon Prime these days.

And I’m trying to catch up on the last season of HoC. Stuck in a slow part, right now.

@coralbrook; you can watch series 7 of Doc Martin here http://www.simplyjune.org/p/favorites.html?m=0

I can’t believe we’ve never taken advantage of all the offerings on Amazon prime before. We finished MITHC last night so will move on to Vikings or HofC or one of the many other series that are available and have been recommended.

@VANURSEPRAC, the new “Roots” will air on three networks: A&E, Lifetime, and History.

I binged The Girlfriend Experience. Almost bailed after the first couple of episodes but then it got really good.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Fellowes’ Doctor Thorne and am really enjoying it.

Both on Amazon Prime (which I have added Starz to for $8.99/mo - I don’t have cable).

My DH is seriously binge watching season after season of Weeds.

My D1 is into Weeds, too.
Have to admit, hate to admit, this last season of HoC confuses me, in parts. I feel like I missed an episode, tho I don’t think I did.

I finished season 2 of Grace and Frankie. Going to be a long wait for Season 3. :frowning:

I think new season of OITNB starts this month. Going to start watching HoC now.

What’s OITNB?

Orange is the New Black. A must watch if you haven’t seen it, assuming you aren’t conservative about sexuality/language, etc.

Ohhh, gotcha. No, I’ve never seen it. It’s on Netflix, yes?

Yes, @LasMa. I think it is my very favorite series. I highly recommend it, again with the qualifications that has some graphic language/sexual content. Character development is fantastic.

I’m not easily offended by stuff like that. :slight_smile: Will take a look when I’m finished with West Wing. Thanks.

LM, You’ll love it.