Binge watched tv shows

@coolguy40 same, my Mind is blown…

1 Like

so we All just finished watching stranger things Vol 2 and now We all broken and waiting For season 5…

2 Likes

Heard on the radio yesterday that he is going to narrate a new Creedence documentary. “The Dude” is a perfect choice for that.

So sad to finish the six series of Annika, I found the radio broadcast, it it based on,

I am watching Pachinko on Apple TV. Great acting and cinematography. I am not particularly fond of the use of so many flashbacks but I can overlook it as the show is so good. For those not used to Korean dramas, the tempo can be a bit slow and I have been known to use the FF button liberally. I even got my H interested as he has read about the best selling book of the same title.
As Parasite’s director Bong Joon Ho said, "Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films.”
I think this series is also dubbed in English but I like to watch it in the original languages of Korean and Japanese with English CC.

2 Likes

I watched the first couple of episodes of Blackbird on Apple TV. Fantastic acting, particularly by Paul Walter Hauser. I had never heard of him before. Ray Liotta was unrecognizable. I didn’t even realize it was him until the second episode. Really good!

1 Like

I really love quality movies, books, and television, I’m sucked into below deck. Just watched the new downtown abbey, really liked it, but we have a long history.

1 Like

Finally got back to the newest of this Season’s Stranger Things. More like watching a movie each time. Finished Eight tonight; will insist to H that we watch Nine tomorrow because I need to know what happens!

2 Likes

We also started Stranger Things new season last week. We are enjoying it, but it is scary!

1 Like

I’m re-watching Derry Girls. It makes me laugh. I missed a good bit the first time I watched a year or so ago. But I’m still not turning on the captions because when I read captions I miss so much of the accent, facial expressions, etc. that contribute to the humor.

3 Likes

If anyone is a fan of Harlan Coban’s books (not literary fiction, but well-written mysteries and thrillers), several of his novels are now serialized on Netflix. I watched The Stranger the other night and thought it was good.

3 Likes

We have watched all of the Harlan Coban mini series on Netflix and enjoyed them.

1 Like

There was talk of a third and final season of Derry Girls, but I have heard little about it lately. The ending of season 2, with the Clinton visit, might be hinting that the final season may include the Good Friday Accords, that put an end to The Troubles. That would be a fitting conclusion.

3 Likes

There is a third season of Derry Girls aired in the UK. I am waiting for it to come to the US. The actors who play the teenagers are approaching 30 (!) so it will be the last season. I have been rewatching season 1 and 2 and having a blast. Such a wonderful show. Love Sister Michael.

3 Likes

The final season of Peaky Blinders dropped on Netflix in mid-June. I binged the first five episodes on Sunday and am delaying watching the sixth episode because I just don’t want it to end. There are rumors of a Peaky Blinders movie in 2023. If it happens, I will be first in line to see it.

1 Like

Better Call Saul Season 6 Part 2–watched the beginning episode of Part 2 last night. Can’t think of anything to say that isn’t a spoiler. LOL

2 Likes

where do you see BCS Season6? thanks

It’s on AMC.

1 Like

Who has watched Severance??? I haven’t found time to watch yet but Adam Scott is a favorite actor for me. If you’ve watched it, how would you describe it or what would you compare it to?

1 Like

I honestly can’t think of anything to compare it to. It’s a very strange show that I enjoyed very much.

4 Likes