Binge watched tv shows

We liked all the seasons but the last one. DH and I found ourselves nodding off during the first couple of episodes so we stopped watching it.

1 Like

I think you’re talking about Mrs. Maisel? I liked the fourth season. The first two episodes IMO were the least interesting.

2 Likes

I watched all of Inside Man today. I love Moffat and Tennant, so it was a no brainer for me- the rest of the cast was a bonus. I was definitely entertained. Looking forward to the new Peter Capaldi show, Devil’s Hour next.

1 Like

I agree with this @MaineLonghorn . The first couple of episodes just were “off” from the engagement of the previous seasons and then the episodes really picked up after those first couple episodes.

They just wrapped up the series finale on Friday according to Rachel Brosnahan’s Instagram.

3 Likes

We saw this too – love Stanley Tucci as well. The plot was too far-fetched but since it was just 4 episodes H and I finished it off.

1 Like

Oh, very far fetched, but I had heard that going in and was there for the chewing of scenery. Ha!

2 Likes

OK, thanks for the reports. I will try again.

1 Like

I just stumbled onto Better Things. Where was I when this came out??? On Season 1, episode 2 and wow.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like horror, but Stranger Things is really special. A great cast.

I’ve never watched Stranger Things since I also don’t like horror. But I think Better Things is one of the best television shows of the decade. Wonderfully written and wonderfully acted. I haven’t watched the last season yet since I don’t currently have Hulu, but next time I subscribe, it is first on my list of shows to watch.

yup I meant Better Things.

1 Like

I agree. Better Things is one of my favorite series of all time. I binged that last year and cried when it was over. The writing and on-set chemistry can’t be beat. I want to live in the chaos of that house
and have Sam cook for me.

Oops!

I loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel too - only watched the first two seasons, but on recs from here will check out the latter ones.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I love Hacks. Starring the incredibly talented Jean Smart as a Joan Rivers-esque comedian who brings on a young, progressive female comedy writer to shake things up. So funny, ascerbic, and kinda heartfelt. Supporting characters are so unique, polished, and funny too!

6 Likes

Excitedly headed over to Hulu to check out Better Things only to discover that I had already binge watched it just three months ago

Season 5 of The Crown drops at midnight PT.

6 Likes

Absolutely love Derry Girls. I keep trying to imagine it with a laugh track and it would be impossible. The laughs are non stop. I did learn this the hard way
. Cannot eat dinner and watch an episode of the Derry girls at the same time. The indigestion is a killer. My husband says that he likes the Derry Girls because he loves to watch me laugh. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s absolute genius!

2 Likes

I was going to post the same thing. We didn’t think we would like it, but watched all seasons so far.
Does anyone know when the Mrs. Maisel will drop?

DH and I started watching season 5 of The Crown. We really enjoyed episode 3.

2 Likes

Just started bingeing ‘From Scratch’ on Netflix and have gone through 5 of the 8 episodes in one day. Can’t stop watching, even though it’s midnight and I need to go to bed. Make sure you have an ample supply of tissues before you start.