Binge watched tv shows

theres a great podcast out after each week - dissecting every part of the show and sharing theories. It made me appreciate each part of the show. Didn’t know about the prosthetic!!! that’s funny. One of the podcast hosts compared the show to Survivor: each season is a different location, different cast, and someone is the loser.

1 Like

Given that Mike White was a contestant on Survivor, the analogy is apropos

2 Likes

Was he? I thought Mike White was on The Amazing Race, with his father?

1 Like

Mike appeared in 2 seasons of The Amazing Race with his father Mel: The Amazing Race 14 and The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business, finishing 6th and 10, respectively. A self-described superfan, years later, he appeared on the 37th season of Survivor, David vs. Goliath, and was the runner-up.

There are more nude scenes to come! I watched Season 1 and am watching Season 2. It’s an interesting show with so few, if any, likable characters. I thought I read Jennifer Coolidge’s character would be the only one continuing from one season to another. But I don’t know if that was in a discussion or an actual article. I totally didn’t recognize the people in the photograph in the last episode and it only made sense after I read a recap. Wondering how they’re going to wrap it all up and who survives.

i like albi, mia and portia for the most part. It took help for me to understand it all -

2 Likes

Certainly the most “likeable” characters - I have a friend who (except for the financial aspect) is Tanya to a t (walk, talk, mannerisms, and even the stuff she says!) - even my D said “doesn’t the character Tanya remind you of xxx?” we laughed, then stopped because in reality it isn’t that funny. It’s actually sad.

We saw Alexandra Daddario from Season 1 of The White Lotus at Versailles. Totally random. My son is in a pic of her that she posted on Instagram.

1 Like

I finished episode 6. And in the words of George Takei:

2 Likes

I agree with @one_two - how are they going to give us closure on every single character? I was sure Ethan was going to end up being one of the floaters this week!

2 Likes

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Three Pines. Enjoyed that the first story line was based on one of Louise Penny’s novels. Disappointed with the portrayal of Armand Gamache by Alfred Molina. Not how I picture Gamache at all, based on the books. Gamache is very old world, almost like a guy from the 1930’s. He speaks very formally, dresses sharply (but old school), just not a man of the 21st century. Even Molina’s accent does not match how Quebecois speak (and I am descended from Quebecois and still have family there!).

If you watched Magpie Murders recently on PBS, Gamache should be more like Detective Punt.

Also, help me out here, in the novels, Isabelle Lacoste is not a First Nations person, is she? If not, I suspect that was done to tie into the recurring plot about the missing Mohawk woman.

1 Like

No. Race-blind casting and media adaptation

1 Like

Continuing to be the low risk watcher in this group :laughing:, and also someone who is behind the times in when new seasons are released, I started watching season 2 of Firefly Lane which I think was released recently - so a heads up for any late comers who watched season one!

It’s interesting to me how the series (so far) is not following the storyline of the book.

Well, not exactly race-blind casting, since the First Nations woman who ran the cultural center asked her about her heritage. Perhaps Isabelle will learn about her past as the missing-woman plot progresses.

1 Like

I think I actually liked BCS better than Breaking Bad. Bit more of a slow burner, but I liked the story more and the way they wrapped it up was great.

2 Likes

Has anyone watched Bad Sisters? I was listening to a program on my local Public Radio station (WGBH) where the hosts were asking listeners to call in with their favorite tv shows. Many of the listeners who called mentioned this show. It’s on Apple TV, which I don’t have. Can one watch shows on Apple TV elsewhere?

1 Like

Bad Sisters was excellent, but you can only see it on Apple+. Maybe you can get the free 7 day trial and binge all the episodes in a week. :grin:

1 Like

You can often get free months through Target Red Circle

I loved Bad Sisters!! It’s only one season so easy to binge.

2 Likes

Renewed for Season 2.

5 Likes