Binge watched tv shows

Binged and finished Wednesday. Truly great show. Jenny Ortega was marvelous.

2 Likes

@bfbf4us, we enjoyed Endeavor.

4 Likes

Not a fan of Last Tango in Halifax, IIRC. I think I kept watching for a bit because of the cast, but just did not find it engaging enough.

Emily in Paris Season 3 released today

4 Likes

Loved Wednesday, and can’t wait for Joan Cusack in second season. Before that, binged all eight episodes of Astrid on Masterpiece/PBS - french procedural - and utterly fantastic - cannot wait for the second season to appear (there are already three seasons in France, but getting it to US/Masterpiece takes time).

1 Like

Been watching Alchemy of Souls for my sword and sorcery fix. Netflix then “suggested” Because This Is My First Life which stars the same lead as the female lead from Season 1 of Alchemy. Cute mix of Big Bang Theory and Friends, although leaning more romance than comedy.

1 Like

I’m watching “The Chair” on Netflix. Fluffy but fun.

1 Like

One interesting thing. Pre-Pandemic we did a lot of socializing. During the pandemic, we did much less – somehow freezing dinners outside was something we did but not as frequently. Then we began a major renovation of our house – it is nearing completion finally. So, much less entertaining as we have been living in the in-law suite for a year. But, in that three year period, we watched more movies and TV, and especially series (Wednesday, all of the Seargent Morse variations, Around the World in 80 Days, two series with Hailey Steinfeld, and many others). Overall much higher quality TV than in years gone by, although with many series, they start great and become increasingly contrived and convoluted before they finish.

I wonder, once our house is complete – and it is designed for entertaining – whether the mix will shift back to lots of entertaining or will stay more with series that ShawWife and I watch together.

1 Like

Still just season 1 so far, correct???

Looks like it.

This made me think of a (bad) game show called The Chair, with host John McEnroe in the early 2000s.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I’m 2/3s of the way through “A Storm For Christmas” and enjoying it very much. Last year I watched both seasons of “Home for Christmas” and also liked that. Maybe I just connect with Christmas -themed Norwegian serieses. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We watched “El Camino Christmas” (Netflix) tonight, billed as a dark comedy. Small town angst, lots of shooting
 not your usual holiday movie. But it had some stars you’ll know, and we kindof liked it.

OOPS - it is a movie, not a series
 posted in wrong thread

DH and I watch nothing together. He watches one
maybe two episodes of a show at a time. And then wait a week to watch more. . I can’t stand watching that way and will wait til a show is complete to start watching. I can easily watch an entire 8 episode season of any show in 2 days.

1 Like

We watched A Storm for Christmas and liked that it was almost a darker/more realistic version of one of our favorite Christmas movies.

2 Likes

If it’s the one I think it is, I have never been able to watch it because the descriptions of what happens sound just terrible to me. Even though I know it’s a fan favorite.

1 Like

We started watching A Storm for Christmas last night. The first episode seemed OK. I like it more than my husband does. Should we continue?

1 Like

I mean it’s pretty predictable, but I found it watchable all the way through. Sort of comfort food watching.

3 Likes

Got the Black Friday Amazon special 2-mo. subscription to Paramount+ to watch the final season of The Good Fight, which was as weird as anticipated and very entertaining. DH and I were pleased to see there is a new series, Joe Pickett, based on the books of one of our favorite authors, C.J. Box. It did not disappoint
kept us binging far more intensively than usual! Not sure when the next season will start,so may have to subscribe again.

It was definitely a weird season. Sad to see it end, but it was time.

1 Like