Binge watched tv shows

Bumping this up. The 5th (and final) season began airing last week in France. IDK when it will appear on Acorn.

I binged season 4 last weekend, which I found to be quite an improvement on Season 3

1 Like

Watching First and Last. I worked in a large shelter for the homeless and the experiences in this vast jail complex remind me of it in a lot of ways.

@skieurope ,
Thanks for letting me know about Balthazar. Will look for it.

I am surprised that no one has talked about this show, Capture, (starring Holliday Grainger). It is one of the best thrillers we have watched for some time. It is smart and gripping. The storyline of deep fake is so real.

Maybe, being on the Peacock channel has contributed to Capture being less known/watched than it should be.

It is one of the best thrillers and I hope more people watch it.

6 Likes

Last night we finished season 1 of Acapulco (Apple TV). It is light sweet and funny. (For us it is good timing to see all the sunshine since our winter is unusually cold/snowy, and we head next month for a week of vacation at a resort outside of Puerto Vallarta.) I canā€™t say itā€™s as good as Ted Lasso, but it does have a bit of that heartwarming vibe.

1 Like

We finished the latest season of Emily in Paris last night. Iā€™m still enjoying the show for the scenes of Paris and the fashions.

H and I are trying Rings of Power again. We started the series then waited too long and had to start over. Iā€™m kind of 50/50 on whether or not to keep watching it.

I finished about a week ago. I had to watch season 2 as Iā€™d either forgotten most of it or fell asleep (I didnā€™t remember much). I watch for the fashion, but I found myself really liking the story line toward the end. It was also interesting to see that they consider all three seasons to have taken place in about 6 months (based on bossā€™ s baby).

Thanks for the recommendation! I liked Holliday Grainger in Cormoran Strike so Iā€™ll try Capture :slight_smile:

If you like something that makes you think ā€œWhow!! this could happen to meā€, I think you will like it. Holliday in this one was quite different from her character in C. B. Strike. I like her in both.

Please let us know what you think about Capture.

1 Like

We just finished the first season of Capture. Starting 2nd season tonight, so obviously enjoying it!

2 Likes

We also finished Season 3 of Emily in Paris this week. Itā€™s a silly story, but itā€™s so fun to see the Paris sights (especially since weā€™ve been there) and the over-the-top clothing. We joke about the fact that every day seems to be lovely, sunny weather.

Per google checks, there will be a Season 4 of Emily. Release date TBD, possibly December.

1 Like

There was ONE cloudy day, ha - I think the second or third from the last episode. It was notable since I donā€™t recall any cloudy days before that. Itā€™s never rained. I hope we get so lucky with the weather in Paris at the beginning of August!

3 Likes

You should have sunny weather in Paris in August, but I will warn you that it could be extremely hot. We went to Paris when our Dā€™s were younger in August since thatā€™s when they were out of school, but we never go in the summer any longer since we are not tied to a school schedule.

Yeah, Iā€™m kind of expecting heat. I can deal with it if itā€™s short term since I know Iā€™ll be back in Maine soon.

I keep laughing every time I see it.

I just watched a limited series on Netflix called Queen. It was really pretty good. French and polish spoken, so youā€™ll need to read the subtitles.

1 Like

I thought it was quite good, too.

1 Like

Has anyone watched (and willing to admit) My Unorthodox Life? ā€œRealityā€ show about a high powered executive (female) who was raised in an ultra-orthodox Jewish community, now living in NYC not orthodox.

I just finished the first of 2 seasons - as a nice Jewish girl, who is spiritual not religious, practicing Buddhism, I find it quite interesting.

3 Likes

I thought it was really interesting also. It was billed as a story of a woman escaping the restrictions of Orthodox life and in a way it was. But I came away from it thinking that Julia would have felt confined in even a non religious life as say a suburban wife and mother with a regular job. She seemed meant for big things and I donā€™t think anything ā€œnormalā€ would have satisfied her. I did love that her ex was portrayed without drama. A nice man she just wasnā€™t meant to be with.

1 Like

D2 really likes My Unorthodox Life so I have watched some of it and found it very interesting. I also like that the ex husband is not made out to be a bad guy.

H and I started watching Kaleidoscope. So far we are enjoying it.

3 Likes

I recommend Netflixā€™s First and Last, a documentary about peopleā€™s first and last days in Georgiaā€™s Gwinnett County jail. Really affecting personal stories and in-house mutual support. Many are in there for what we would now consider minor or actually legal circumstances, like possession of marijuana. One was deported for being with friends who shoplifted. Many could ā€œbond outā€ before ā€œdressing in.ā€ Some good outcomes, some not.

1 Like