Binge watched tv shows

I don’t have HBO, so I can’t watch it. But the astonishing amount of acclaim for that third episode is making me so curious!

(also not a zombie movie person, but would watch to find out what that is all about if I had HBO)

2 Likes

I used to wear headphones but I’m usually so not interested in what he’s watching that I can watch something on my iPad without being bothered by the TV.

1 Like

Don’t want to make it a bigger deal than it is. It’s just a great story, well done with wonderful actors.

3 Likes

This week I’ve been introduced to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - I’ve already watched 6 episodes - if you enjoy humor, musical theater and the angst of dating you will probably like it. I think it’s smart and very well done. I’ve since read about it and loved that they chose to cast through the theater world vs TV/film world, and I do also love the diversity of players.

1 Like

It wasn’t just you. My FB and Twitter feeds couldn’t stop talking about it–some people calling it the best television episode they’ve ever seen. But, no HBO, and I don’t need another obsession, so I’ll just stay in the dark about it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a year or so ago and loved it. The take offs on every possible music genre were fantastic; I rewatched many of them. So clever! A couple of favorites were the Astaire/Rogers homage and the La La Land one - where they used actual cast members from the movie. Rachel Bloom has a lot of top connections.

IMO, that might be taking it a bit far. But it was very good, but I sure wouldn’t pay for new HBO to watch it,

Now I really can’t wait to see it - but I can’t imagine surpasses Ozymandias from Breaking Bad, especially so early in the series where you don’t have as much invested in the characters.

That kind of what is so special - how you are invested so quickly. It is so well done.

2 Likes

Just an FYI-you can watch The Last of Us on HBO Max. It looks like season 1 ends on March 12, so you could sign up for a month no earlier than Feb. 13, and then cancel. I got a deal for 3 months for $1.99/month (Black Friday deal?), so I have it until Feb 24. I will probably check it out and decide if I like it enough to pay for another month.

4 Likes

Spouse and I are enjoying “1883” a lot. We started watching “1923” because Helen Mirren and then I said, well let’s go back and watch the prequel. Time will tell if we take on “Yellowstone”. We tried once but the start of it didn’t impress me. Maybe with background and all I’ll like it better.

1 Like

Cunk on Earth is hilarious.

5 Likes

I‘ve started “The Bonfire of Destiny” and like it a lot. The three main actresses were all in “Women at War!” The red headed actress was obvious but I couldn’t figure out where I knew the other two from until I googled them.

3 Likes

Just stumbled on this last night!

3 Likes

H and I have watched all 5 seasons of Yellowstone–waiting for the final episodes of Season 5, which are going to be released in the summer. We have enjoyed it. I probably enjoyed it better than H because I love dysfunctional family stories (and the Duttons clearly are dysfunctional). IMO this last season was the weakest.

We haven’t watched either 1883 or 1923, but will probably watch 1923 because of Helen Mirren.

1 Like

Watched first 3 episodes of Dear Edward on Apple TV. Connie Britton - love her but not sure I like her character. By episode 3 it was growing on me. I think the next 3 drop next Friday.

2 Likes

On Britbox, both Death in Paradise and Vera are dropping new episodes weekly.

Current season of Murdoch Mysteries starts airing next Saturday 2/11 on Ovation Channel. Our Comcast lineup has Ovation and my DVR patrols the ether looking for new episodes of Murdoch, and it got a hit!!

Waiting to find out where the 90 minute Detectorists special will air in the US.

3 Likes

Pump up the jam, pump it up…

I’m watching an oldie but goodie, Brothers and Sisters as @conmama recommended. Parenthood was better, but this is good too. Reminds of a more calm “Dallas” - lots of drinking and petty family fighting, infidelity, etc. but on a calmer scale. :laughing:

But my comment is, because I think she is in something else right now that is hot - I’m seeing her on the cover of magazines in the grocery check out - is that Sally Field has not only aged so well, but has found a great niche in over 50 women on TV/Film. I like her!

A long way from The Flying Nun!

4 Likes

Brush with fame. She lives down the street from me (at least for part of the year), so I see her in the neighborhood. She looks even better in person and is very approachable and friendly.

11 Likes