Binge watched tv shows

I had liked most of Revenge, not all. But Gabriel Mann, who played Nolan, showed up on Ray Donovan, apparently has a recurring role.

I went looking for the Closer on both Amazon and Netflix yesterday and couldn’t find it. I just loved Brenda Leigh.

I just finished the first season of Poldark and really liked it.

We gave up after 3 or 4 episodes. Meh acting, laughable plot, predictable writing. We wanted to like it.

I binge watched (well, there are only 4 episodes) Animal Kingdom on TNT. I really like it! It stars two of the most intense actors of 2 of my favorite shows ever: Finn Cole of Peaky Blinders and Shawn Hatosy of SouthLAnd & the amazing Ellen Barkin.

I was in a binge watching mood this weekend so I caught up on Ray Donovan (all s3 & s4e1) and am now starting Luther. Quality shows. I was hoping to watch The Americans but it’s not on Netflix. :frowning:

What are the tips on using Netflix? Last week there were many movies to choose from. They changed overnight and deleted some of the movies I was watching. Do they change their offerings monthly? I was in the middle of a clockwork orange.

Yes, @Iglooo. They make changes monthly at the start of the new month, dropping some programming and adding new stuff.

This time they dropped good ones that I plan to watch! It was the most interesting selection they had in a while.

I’m pretty new to using Netflix but they should really put expiration dates on movies/TV shows. That would motivate me to watch more things that were going to “expire” - I always think they’ll be streaming forever! 8-|

They do send out notifications of what’s new and what will expire. I don’t know how I got on the mailing list, but probably checked some box on their website.

I’ve noticed that USA Today’s Entertainment section will have a list of what’s coming/what’s going on Netflix during the last week of the month. You can read it online for free. I’m excited to see they are streaming The Big Short now as I missed it in the theaters.

I usually google “watch xxx.” Sometimes there are alternatives to Netflix.

The movie Spotlight is on Netflix. I already saw it at the theater but will definitely watch again. Great movie, highly recommend!

@IxnayBob ah that’s good to know! I wish they’d put it on the website itself because I share Netflix with other people so my email isn’t the one that is used but at least they have a mailing list!

We began Bloodline but dh thinks it’s dragging. We’re just in the first half of the first season right now. I myself like it a lot.

Bloodline is not a fast moving show. If that is what a viewer wants, he or she is not going to like it.

I think Bloodline is a fantastic show
at least in the first season. I haven’t finished the second season.

There is a podcast called Invisabilia or something like that. The podcasts are about how what we don’t see or feel physically affects us.

One of the latest episodes is about personality. Does a person’s circumstances affect his personality? Can a person change? What defines us?

I think that is one of the themes of Bloodline. Maybe the main theme.

I like that topic because I think we all have multiple personalities.

Loved the first season of Bloodline. The second season was decent but not as strong IMO.

@doschicos, ok. Thanks. I have watched 4 episodes of the second season so far. Your opinion is similar to mine right now.

I binge watched House of Lies. I thought the first season was fantastic. The next 4 seasons were just ok. I would have been happy just to watch the first season but I kept watching. I guess I like Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell.

I wonder how Picket Fences holds up. I liked that show many years ago. Don Cheadle was on that show.

@dstark Have you watched any Peaky Blinders or Orange is the New Black? Both have new seasons out and those are next on my viewing list.

@doschicos, no.

My wife likes Orange is the New Black.