Binge watched tv shows

I’m about halfway through season six of Grace and Frankie. I’m going to be sad when it’s over.

4 Likes

I actually have a few shows left… have been avoiding going back to it, sad of the thought of being done. The show is certainly an odd premise, and sometimes it’s a bit crude…. but it makes me smile and laugh.

The good news is you can then watch Jane and Lily in 80 for Brady.

1 Like

You have to try Yellowjackets!

2 Likes

I’m going tonight! Meeting my book club at the theater. The woman who bought tickets put us in as seniors, ha. I’m not there quite yet. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And the previews I saw at 80 for Brady had Jane coming up in 3? new movies and Lily in at least 2.

I guess they never want to retire.

1 Like

I just watched The Mindy Project on Netflix. I really liked it.

I tried to skip ahead at a few points but had to go back because too much had happened.

1 Like

It’s always refreshing to find a new, very funny series to binge. For me, the most laughs other than Shitt’s Creek came from Big Bang Theory and Silicon Valley, both on HBO Max. I didn’t see them when they were on “regular” TV. (I’m currently laughing at Friends. I was too busy in the 90’s to watch TV.)

4 Likes

Also want to add Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It’s an acquired taste perhaps, but great for those who appreciate a variety of music genres. So cleverly done.

4 Likes

We have always watched a lot of network tv, so we’ve seen all of The Mindy Project, Big Bang Theory, and Friends. Especially love the BBT and catch it in reruns often, too.

Grace and Frankie sounds like a good option.

Does anyone know anything about Ted Lasso? I did a google search for comedies similar to Schitt’s Creek and that one was recommended.

1 Like

Ted Lasso is extraordinary TV. I wish there was a way to get the whole world to watch it at the same time. I’m convinced the world would be a better place.

If you watch it, pay attention to every detail…there are lots of “hidden” tidbits.

14 Likes

I want to watch that, but is it watchable if you can’t stand Brady? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

Just finished the Lincoln Lawyer. We liked it a lot esp. the part when Mickey explained to his driver about legal process including how lawyers picked jurors.

Look forward to the 2nd season.

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

We have found the new show Shrinking on AppleTV+ to be just as uplifting as Ted Lasso, but in a different way. Roy Kent (ie: Brett Goldstein) is one of the writers, as he also writes and acts on Ted Lasso. The cast is great including Harrison Ford.

If you like soccer (football) themed - the documentary Welcome to Wrexham - I think it may also be on Apple TV. Great story as it follows along as two Hollywood actors buy the team and what the team means to this Welsh town and fans - lovely true ongoing story.

6 Likes

Overall, Ted Lasso has a huge fan base. Like any show you’ll find someone not a fan. And for every one of those people, there are oodles and oodles of fans.

2 Likes

I just saw it. It sure is fun if you’re a fan of the Patriots! :slight_smile: We were on a cruise when that Super Bowl game was played. There were a lot more people supporting the Falcons than the Patriots, so it was great.

1 Like

Usually shows have mixed feedback, but in my circles I’ve not yet found anybody who dislikes Ted Lasso. It’s funny and light but heartwarming too.

Another Apple TV comedy/drama set in UK that we liked is Trying.. We were a bit bummed when when the third (last?) season completed.

7 Likes

Same here…have yet to meet anyone who does not love this show.

It is funny and light…mostly…but there are some profoundly deep themes/messages embedded in the stories and the character development.

3 Likes