Binge watched tv shows

You won’t like the ending.

My friend I saw it with had no idea who anyone was in the movie (the players), that it was a real game or who won.

2 Likes

If you mean the game, that falls under Titanic spoiler alert - the ship sunk. :grin:

If you mean the mid-credits scene, I found it hysterically ironic

1 Like

Ted Lasso, quirky enough, but big heart, along with complex characters, -

5 Likes

H and I started watching Justified. We’ve seen two of the six seasons of the series (on Hulu). The series is based on the writings of Elmore Leonard, the popular crime/western writer. It focuses on a Deputy US Marshall who get reassigned to Harlan, Kentucky–his hometown, which he left and doesn’t want to return. Great writing and an excellent cast. Timothy Olyphant plays the marshall.

4 Likes

Once S3 of Ted Lasso finishes dropping, we’ll take Apple TV for a month and binge seasons 2-3.

What else should we watch on Apple TV? Is Schmigadoon decent? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Did you watch Severance? The Morning Show?

2 Likes

If you didn’t see the movie CODA it is worth watching. We also enjoyed the Morning Show. Didn’t love Severence but we are in the minority I believe.

1 Like

We were in that small club of Severance non-fans. I can see how it could be appealing to many, but newbies should know its definitely NOT a Ted Lasso kind of show.

4 Likes

If the musical ‘Come from away’ is still on Spplr its very much worth a watch.

3 Likes

Definitely was not the type of show I would usually watch but I got SO into it - in doses because it was so intense I could only watch one episode at a time! It did get a lot of award nominations.

Several shows I watch are having their new seasons start from late March through April - Ted Lasso, Succession, Barry, Somebody Somewhere. I could have used them in the winter months!

1 Like

I found SO many other great shows this winter. Definitely didn’t need them then: Wednesday, Ginny and Georgia, the Law according to Lydia Poet, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, many others But happy they are coming now.

1 Like

I found a bunch - Reservation Dogs and Wednesday definitely. Probably others I’ve forgotten. But I’ve been in a lull recently and haven’t been able to find anything that really pulls me in.

Also forgot to add Call the Midwife to the new seasons coming this month (not a PBS passholder so I have to wait).

4 Likes

on apple i’ve enjoyed the series Slow Horses. It’s sort of dark humor spy show. It’s not funny; people do die; but its based on how all these british spies have done wrong things, are sort of in a reject co-hort; but actually are quite sharp. (but they’ve made mistakes along the way).

I’ve liked it so much that i’m now on book #5 by the author. He is such a good writer.

6 Likes

This Sunday Call the Midwives and Sanditon return to PBS. Final season for Sanditon.

3 Likes

It’s actually surprising that we didn’t like Severance, which to us was confusing and dragged out (though we might watch another season someday, if nothing more appealing available). Interestingly we did very much like Counterpart (Prime), also sci-fi-ish and super confusing…. I guess it just seemed to move faster, with characters (in duplicate) that intrigued us.

1 Like

I really liked Slow Horses!

Am binge-watching OUTLAWS - also a dark comedy: a bunch of reprobates from all walks of life - a crook on parole, a lawyer, a social media influencer, a straight A student, a business owner, a big brother from the projects…- sentenced to community service reparations have to renovate a community center for their petty crimes (petty theft, activist action against the police, soliciting a prostitute, anger management…)
The Outlaws - Official Trailer | Prime Video - YouTube
Dry humor with a few guffaws, and you really want these people to figure things out/sort themselves out.
For me, would appeal to fans of Slow Horses and Schitt’s Creek, perhaps???

2 Likes

I felt Severance wasn’t for me because I find certain concepts just fundamentally uninteresting. People caught up in Corporate malfeasance or any sort of conspiracy story are just not entertaining to me. I haven’t watched but that was my impression of what it’s about. Obviously seeing those sort of stories play out is entertaining for a lot of people. Not me. Sometimes if the rest of the story is entertaining enough, I’ll tolerate that as a part of it, but I feel like sometimes it’s lazy storytelling. People in unhappy relationships is another one. The Affair. Yuck. But as my grandmother would say “ that’s what makes horse races “.

I will 100% watch the first season again before watching the next season. Definitely at times hard to follow for me. The actors/characters were so…interesting. Each playing their very unique role so…interestingly! Like not normal human characters. The whole concept was definitely far out. I am a huge Adam Scott fan so I would watch him in just about any role.

2 Likes

Ted Lasso is fantastic. Wonderful character development.

9 Likes