Binge watched tv shows

My husband and I really enjoyed Schmigadoon! It was funny and quite entertaining. We also liked Severance quite a bit, which is much more serious and quite interesting. We are both big science fiction fans, though, so we like anything along those lines. Another science fiction show I would recommend is For All Mankind, a drama about an alternate history of what would have happened if the Russians had been the first to land a man on the moon in the 1960’s. There are three seasons of 10 episodes each and a fourth season should be coming out later this year.

6 Likes

i’m re-watching ted lasso now to get ready for the new season. It just makes me feel good watching it! I hope you’ll try it. Yes, great character development there. I’ve really enjoyed hannah waddington’s character and got shivers the first time she sang on the show.

7 Likes

Has anyone watched the new Hulu comedy Unprisoned starring Kerry Washington? I love her and while this is quite the opposite of some of her other roles, thought I might give it a shot.

@abasket - we are watching and enjoying.

Fun fact- the show is literally set in my neighborhood. We look for the outdoor scenes that were actually shot here (several of my favorite lake). An episode we watched last night showed an intersection with stores and a coffee shop - uh, it’s in my neighborhood and I walk there all of the time.

That said, we are also getting into the plotline and characters. There is humor but also the serious issue of a character who is an ex con trying to get back on track and the struggles he faces.

3 Likes

Thanks! At first I thought the actor playing her dad was the same one as Scandal - who I loved so much! But nope, just sounds like him. :slight_smile: I think I’ll start watching this weekend.

Too bad you didn’t get to be an “extra”!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

RIP Lance Reddick. A few of his shows, recently Bosch, have been mentioned here.

1 Like

I love him in John Wick, and I know he’d recently wrapped the first season of Percy Jackson, which was much anticipated in my house.

So sad he’s gone- 60 is too young.

We’ve been binging and enjoying The Consultant, which is giving us Servant meets Severance vibes.

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve enjoyed his character in the John Wick series too, but I can’t remember watching him in anything else. 60 is way too early for anyone.

1 Like

I watched every episode of Bosch. Chief Irving was one of the key characters. RIP.

I did not watch the Wire but will soon.

3 Likes

Watched the first episode of the new season of Ted Lasso last night. I liked it, but it seemed slow.

1 Like

I’m in the middle of Season2 of The Gilmore Girls, watching it while I also do exercise videos. The teen character Jess had been on for a few episodes before I caught actor’s name on the credits. WOW- had not realized it was a very young Milo Ventimiglia (from This is Us)

2 Likes

I loved Gilmore Girls. Not really a spoiler but just in case:

++++++++++++++

there is are heated debates about which of Rory’s boyfriends were the best and I am Team Jess all the way!

6 Likes

Milo looks amazing at any age!!!

I started watching Unprisoned Friday night. It’s 8 episodes I believe and I have 2 or 3 left. Short less than 30 minute episodes. It’s easy watching, interesting family dynamics, a little predictable (I can sort of see where things are going at this point and how the season may end). I would call it comedy/family drama. Light on the drama.

If you’re looking for something light to watch, if you like Kerry Washington, the actor who plays her son is great - it’s a decent show.

4 Likes

I have watched all the episodes at least 3 times with both Ds when they were growing up and have the CD’s. I feel like Gilmore Girls is a great example of how, without good writers, it doesn’t matter how good the actors are. I have a lot of respect for the Palladinos as writers.

5 Likes

Currently watching Veep on HBO Max. Still only in the first season, but really like the sarcasm and humor.

1 Like

I agree! There is a noticeable difference between the quality of the show the last few seasons after the Palladinos left. Game of Thrones is another great example - that show quickly fell apart in a spectacular way after the showrunners ran out of books to draw from and had to make up the plot themselves.

1 Like

So we just finished Season 3 of Outer Banks. It is definitely a cheesy show, but it made me happy.

2 Likes

First episode of season 3 of Ted Lasso was ok but I really enjoyed the second one yesterday. Seems to be getting back into its groove. I think it’s good this is the last season, although there was some hinting by the actors being interviewed that it might not be.

2 Likes

Liking Ted Lasso S3 so far but thinking I’ll appreciate it more if I binge S3 all at once as a rewatch. Incremental viewing v. binge watching.
Not sure what the point of Ep 2 was, that it’s best to be honest rather than play games in communication?

Watched The Flatshare on Paramount+ - all 6 hours in 3 days. The housing crisis in London is similar to that in NYC or California, so young professionals with a legit job (or semi-) can’t afford to rent an apartment. A young man, a hospice nurse, with a rent-control apartment in a nice 1930s looking block (a “council flat”) needs to find more £ so he takes on the night shift and “rents” his apartment 8pm-8am when he’s at work. A young woman who’s a copywriter for an online Millennial clickbait thing and has been dumped&kicked out by her handsome, rich, douchy boyfriend takes on the affordable offer. It’s actually quite good, except for the last episode which might have been a bit more…realistic in the way some problems are solved. Then again this is probably meant as a feel-good series and it works for that purpose.

1 Like

We don’t watch Ted Lasso until all of the episodes are out.

2 Likes