Binge watched tv shows

Me either. I refuse to deal with the drip, drip, drip of one per week shows.

Just think how things have changed. I remember being excited when Mom got a cable subscription for Dad so we could watch PBS. Another station!

1 Like

I remember Rosie O’Donnell saying the she remembers having to fake sick for a week to stay home and watch Maeve’s wedding on Ryan’s Hope. No VCRs in those days.

2 Likes

I started this last night based on your recommendation and am really enjoying it. I like Kerry’s hair so much better curly than straight when she played in scandal. The Dad was the Dad in Cider House Rules from what, 20 years ago? He’s hardly aged.

1 Like

I think it’s funny how streaming used to be release all episodes at once (some shows still do) and now it’s turned more back to the “traditional” way of one show a week. But, I have no patience so if it’s Wednesday night I’m going to watch Ted Lasso. Also, for a few shows I like reading commentary boards about each episode and thinking about it for a week, letting that anticipation build. With Ted Lasso I’ll also probably re-watch all the episodes at the end of the season.

3 Likes

Apparently the final season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel starts on April 14th!

Can’t wait for more episodes.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting that. Just today I was wondering when we’d get a new season of Ms Maisel. (Was thinking I could use some of Suzie’s humor, as I laughed about her walking around the Catskills resort with a plunger over her shoulder impersonating maintenance worker / staying for free).

4 Likes

The 4th (and final) season of Succession begins March 26

4 Likes

My DH and I are on episode 7 and enjoying it. The ensemble cast is good.

4 Likes

I really loved Flatshare (the book this is based on). I didn’t know it was made into a show- thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I’m excited, love this show!

1 Like

I started Shrinking last night based on recommendation from D & SIL. Good to hear another thumbs up.

2 Likes

Anyone watching “The Night Agent” on Netflix? DH and I are halfway through and totally hooked.

4 Likes

I stumbled upon it accidentally and was hooked as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way - I like “impossible” situations but they can’t be too unbelievable. So far so good with The Night Agent.

1 Like

Last night we finished the last episode of Shrinking and I would revise my previous opinion to the ensemble cast is excellent!

Harrison Ford surprised me. It’s a very good role for him. Jason Segel (Jimmy), Jessica Williams (Gabby), Christa Miller (Liz), and the rest of the cast remind me of “Ted Lasso quality” casting.

The show definitely has a Ted Lasso vibe. (yes, Brett Goldstein!)

Lastly, I thought the actress who plays Paul’s (Harrison Ford) daughter, Meg, looked familiar. Lily Rabe is Jill Clayburgh’s daughter! She looks a lot like her late mother, but I had to Google it.

2 Likes

I saw Brett Goldstein on Colbert. He’s a funny guy, told the story of Harrison Ford taking the Shrinking role (HF also told him it’s was the best script/dialogue he ever read). The HF part starts about 6 minutes in. Prior part is good too, but spoiler alert if you aren’t up to date on Marvel movies.

3 Likes

A family member tipped us off to a British show called New Tricks. It’s about a police superintendent who had a fall from grace who was placed in charge of a squad of 3 retired detectives who take on 20+ year old cold cases and apply modern methods to try to solve them. It is a light drama, with some funny moments due to the eccentricities of the old geezers. There are about 12 seasons, 100+ episodes.

We are watching on Britbox, but the family member who recommended it watched it on DVD’s requested throught their library system.

4 Likes

Watching Katla on Netflix- Icelandic sci fi- oh my…half way through. Both D’s recommended it and it got 100 % rotten tomatoes. We have been to Iceland and the Westman Islands and it feels like we are there again. Also if you are cold watching it- it definitely will make you feel colder.

We enjoyed Katla for the same reasons as you. It was filmed in Vik when COVID kept tourists away, which contributed to the empty creepiness/mood.

Another Netflix series filmed in Reykjavik area is Valhalla Murders. Plot has to do with crimes related to a group home. Icelandic dialog dubbed in English.

4 Likes

Oh, thanks for the recommendation. I love sci fi. Cool that you’ve been there!

1 Like