Binge watched tv shows

You guys are all watch respectable shows and I was binge watching Love is Blind on Netflix. Sort of a Dating Game meets Bachelor. Pure junk TV, but I got hooked. I watched the first seasons and skipped around to the endings. New season dropped on Friday but it turns out it is not the complete season so now I’m in the middle and the end won’t be until mid April.

Guess I’ll have to suffer with the Bachelor in the meantime. One episode at a time.

I am way too obsessed with Love is Blind. I finished the first 5 episodes of season 5 before realizing the whole season had not dropped. Now I’m biding my time waiting for the rest by watching the Brazil version.

Just finished a rewatched of Derry Girls. I think I laughed and cried more even than the first time through. Just an outstanding ending, and whole series.

8 Likes

Just finished watching The Bear on Hulu. Loved it and would highly recommend it.

3 Likes

Just started Shrinking last night, really enjoyed it!

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s a wonderful show. The way you worded your post makes it amusing in a “Honey I shrunk the Kids” kind of way. Enjoy.

1 Like

I watched 2 episodes of Shrinking and stopped. I find Jason Segel annoying. But my son who usually has good tv taste likes it and with several people here recommending it, I’ll give it another try.

1 Like

We are now binge watching The Boys on Amazon Prime. Not for the faint of heart - violent, disturbing etc but I’m really enjoying it. It’s apparently based on a comic book.

I am indifferent to Jason Segel, but am adoring Harrison Ford. Worth it just for him, IMO.

1 Like

We finished Daisy Jones and the Six tonight. H and I both really liked it.

2 Likes

We liked it too. (Yea, as others have mentioned the Daisy character was annoying in her interviews. But I feel like that was intentional, since she had been a disruptive force.)

Did you realize the Daisy actress is granddaughter of Elvis?

3 Likes

So my husband suggested we try yellowjackets, loved the first episode, but realized we don’t have showtime anymore, so now we have to plan a week for a free trial (I hate paying anything extra for TV than what we already pay for, since that is a lot, cable, Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, paramount, Amazon video, HBO max - so close to dropping cable).

Same here. Better yet my son seems to have radar as to whether I’d like it or not better than I do at times so his recs to me are usually spot on.

1 Like

Watching The Family (Netflix documentary from a past book of the same name- miniseries of 5). I found this after looking up the author (Jeff Sharlet) -an excerpt that was in Vanity Fair from his new book. I just loved the way he wrote, so I looked him up and found this miniseries from 2019. He is interesting- he is a prof in creative writing. This makes me rethink my life choice- investigative journalism looks fascinating.

I knew that and kept thinking about it during the drug frenzy scenes. Maybe brought her a little understanding of her family. I was up and down as I watched it but in the end I liked the series, although I never really liked any of the characters. And maybe that was the point. I haven’t read the book but am thinking about reading it now.

1 Like

I recommend The Reluctant Traveler on AppleTv+.
Eugene Levy visits some of the world’s most beautiful and intriguing destinations in Costa Rica, Finland, Italy, Japan, Maldives, Portugal, South Africa, and the United States, exploring hotels and places.”

4 Likes

I got a bunch of emails from Showtime today offering 30 days free.

2 Likes

New binge is Jane the Virgin. I think it is hysterical and it moves so quickly that -unlike a regular soap, they kill people off, bury them, and then the person moves on to the next partner within the same episode. Grieving is kept to a minimum.

Of course my other binge is the Gwyneth Paltrow trial. It goes on and on and the only thing that is clear is the experts have more courtroom experience than the lawyers on either side. The experts are leading the questioning when the lawyers stumble, which is often. Really awful, and I can’t stop watching.

2 Likes

Recently finished the Lynley Mysteries on Britbox which I enjoyed, 4 seasons, British crime and class drama. Episodes are long though and it’s quite old, last episodes were made around 2010.
My latest find is The Full-Time Wife Escapist on Netflix, such an intriguing title. It’s Japanese with subtitles and very different from anything else I’ve ever seen. I supposed I’d describe it as being about relationships replete with funny and awkward moments and engaging characters.

1 Like

A woman crashed into me when I was the downhill skier on a bunny hill. My daughter was 7 and right next to me. I shudder to think about what could have happened if she had hit D instead. My leg was like a noodle when I tried to stand up. The woman apologized (she said she’d been trying to keep up with her husband) and gave me her contact info. It turns out I tore my MCL badly. I didn’t need surgery but I had to go to PT. I sent the woman a request for $1,200, the total of my medical bills. She refused to pay. Her husband called mine (kind of weird) and said I wasn’t a good skier and his wife hadn’t seen me. ??? I was wearing a bright turquoise outfit and we were in an area that had a huge SLOW SKIING ZONE sign.

I was so mad. I filed a claim in small claims court. Two days before the hearing someone from her homeowners insurance company called me. He said it was a “gray area.” I informed him that it absolutely was not and she was clearly in the wrong. He asked if they sent me a check would I call off the hearing and I said I would if he overnighted it. So he did.

I was glad it worked out, but it just consumed me for months. So I am following Paltrow’s trial although I haven’t watched it. I should check it out.

3 Likes