Binge watched tv shows

It’s a great watch to see that celebrities may claim to be just like us, but they are most definitely not!

1 Like

Downhill skiers always have the right of way. I have been loving all of the Gwyneth Paltrow trial recaps and memes.

1 Like

I know, that’s why I didn’t get why she balked at paying me. She was 57 at the time, not some kid. She knew better.

1 Like

My husband is that guy who endlessly browse’s shows and watches those he finds interesting, while I need to read several reviews (he stays up later and watches the worst ones then). He does find some good ones on occasion, this is one of them. I also enjoyed travels with my father and cunk on earth. However, most of the time I’m asking “what the **** are we watching?!”

1 Like

We’re halfway through The Night Agent (Netflix) and are enjoying it. A bit far-fetched as with many shows of this genre but it is fun.

3 Likes

But they are not always blameless. If they stop short in the middle of the hill (much like a car slamming on the brakes), if they are skiing out of control, if they come from an angle and are inches below the uphill skier who has no chance of getting out of the way. My brother has been a professional patrol for 45 years. Most accidents are just that, accidents. Two skiers run into each other. Of course there are plenty of crashes caused by someone skiing too fast or recklessly, even some caused by a skiers having a medical incident while skiing down the hill.

I really think this was two skiers just skiing into each other. I don’t think either was uphill but probably a side swipe (although neither said that). The man had limited sight in his right eye. I think he was veering right but didn’t realize it, Paltrow was going into a right turn so shifted her left hip and shoulder out and bam. For my theory to work he would have been skiing faster so the uphill skier until the moment of impact when they were even on the hill. Also, in both of their versions, Paltrow ended up downhill, no one lost skis or poles or helmets of goggles.

Unlike with a car accident, who is at fault can’t always be determined, even with laws. There are no turn lanes, no requirements to signal turns, no defined speed limits (just in control for that day/condition/hill), no skid marks to measure. Right on the lift ticket contract it say ‘Skiing is an inherently risky sport.’ The skier safety acts basically say ski corp has the responsibility for getting you safely up the hill, you have the responsibility of getting down and it could be dangerous.

I say split verdict, no one gets any money, except the attorneys for Paltrow who are being paid by her insurance company. And a lot of experts made a lot of money too.

The Megyn Kelly show was hysterical on this last night (I don’t even know which channel it is on as it came up on a you tube feed). Her panel was comparing Paltrow’s attorney to the public defender from My Cousin Vinny and it was so true and so funny. Her panel agreed with me that all the attorneys in this case are just terrible. They also felt Paltrow and the plaintiff were awful too.

1 Like

Agree. We enjoyed it for what it was. We were happy to see that it’s getting a season 2.

3 Likes

What do you guys think of The Ark?

I have started True Lies, 3 episodes so far. It’s like Chuck, comedy with spies. (Chuck was better!) But it’s good fun.

Good to know. It ended in such a way that it was easy to segue to Season 2. I’m glad it did.

2 Likes

We are 2 episodes into Night Agent and we are enjoying it so far.

1 Like

Just had time yesterday to watch Gwenyth cross, by the female attorney (came on Facebook feed) and caught Sanderson’s attorneys closing arguments.

I have to see the show you are mentioning, because I typed to my friend, Sanderson’s attorney talking about milking those cows, ( wearing jeans ) and basically attempting to bond, be a local good ole boy, small town attorney, and it was comical!

PS - as a skier for decades, I believed Gwenyth, and if his skis went in between hers, Sanderson was not able to see her wiht his blind right eye, especially if he had told a tentative woman skier on his left, he was passing her, which is safety thing to do, and bam into Gwenyth,
Tangled up skies and falling, even slow speed, could torque a body, and cause significant damage, ie cracked ribs, he’s lucky he didn’t mangle his knees. Yes, a head thump could cause concussion. Stupid Sanderson to travel world, Peru, costa Rico, Germany, scuba dive and kayaking the Amazon, and claim permanent damage ? Clearly, his case was weak.

2 Likes

Thanks for morning laugh, I found the Meghan Kelly clip, on you tube! And, they didn’t even cover the closing arguments, yet!

Saturday Night live will have a field day!

Goodie this to find comparison to My Cousin Vinny -

Poor Performance By Both Lawyers in Gwyneth Paltrow Ski Crash Trial, w/ Mark Geragos & Jonna Spilbor

Continuing to enjoy our current set of shows - Borgen, From Scratch (especially the Florence Italy Scenes), Silent Witness (a multi-year trek for us - part1 & part2 of each mystery watched same night), Bosch Legacy, Endeavor, Arrested Development (short light way to end the evening).

Looking forward to starting Ted Lasso soon. And excited for the return of The Marvelous Ms Maisel next week.

Love reading all the recommendations here, a big factor when we pick new shows.

3 Likes

Just saw the clip of Brett Goldstein on Jimmy Kimmel. It was good to hear Shrinking will get a second season. However the part of the interview I really enjoyed was his description of visiting the White House with the Ted Lasso cast…very funny.

So on my personal scorecard, there are 3 shows I’m glad are getting a 2nd season: The Recruit, Shrinking and The Night Agent…not to mention Wednesday.

8 Likes

For those who enjoyed Three PInes on Amazon Prime, bad news—in her April newsletter, Louise Penney revealed that Amazon will NOT greenlight a second season, despite the good ratings, good reviews, etc.

Too bad.

1 Like

We managed to binge watch the first season of Yellowjacket’s this week and I’m a bit obsessed. It seems a bit LOST like but much better (and less confusing).

4 Likes

I tried it but it looked very “hard” and dark. I gave up after the first episode I think. Would you recommend I persevere?

I’ve bingewatched Daisy Jones and the Six, episodes 1-5 - but now that they have the band, it seems less compelling somehow. I thought the show would have 6 episodes but it has 10 - is there enough content for episodes 7-10??

We also at first thought Daisy would be 6 episodes. We did watch it all though and liked it.

1 Like

I loved Yellowjackets! I want to rewatch with D25.

There are some obvious similarities to Lost, including plane crashing, leaving survivors stranded in strange land, with some mystical properties. However, I much preferred Lost to Yellowjackets (season 1). Yellowjackets spends more time than I’d like in the flash-forwards. I’m much more interested in what is happening in the plane crash area than what is happening in flash-forward political campaign. I also found the plots and characters more interesting in Lost (only have seen season 1 of Yellowjackets). Yellowjackets is still a captivating show that I enjoy watching. My person preference ranking for stranded survivor Lost-type shows would be:

1. Lost
  2. From
  3. Yellowjackets
  4. The Wilds
2 Likes