Binge watched tv shows

In case anyone is interested in the floorplan:

3 Likes

Interesting floor plan! (At firstI thought it was just one apartment. But even one half of it is huge for NYC.

1 Like

Yeah I should have specified. That’s for a floor in the building, and there are 2 apartments per floor. Or at least there were back in the day; most have since been carved up into smaller units.

The building went co-op in 1967. The insider price for a Maisel apartment at conversion was $30,000—or about $298,000 today. Now that would have been some investment. If that apartment went on the market today, it would be great n the $5-6M range.

3 Likes

My college-aged DC and I watched season one when it came out. DC just kept yelling things at the TV like “who would do that?” and “You call the police” I thought the show was terrible (bad rip off of The Outsiders), but I did learn what a rule follower DC is! :laughing:

Fantastic show! While indulging in jet lag, I binged over the course of this weekend; worth every Rotten (Tomatoes!) point!

H and I finished Night Agent last night and really liked it. Glad to hear there will be a Season 2.

3 Likes

I look at pix of my mom from that time period. The clothes were super stylish. When I was a teen and platform shoes became popular (again it appears since they were new to me!) my mom showed me a pair from the 40’s that she still kept–black velvet. They were gorgeous.
I still have a couple of her coats. And my dad had a trench coat that my son now owns–they don’t make clothes close to that anymore. The styles truly were classic.

4 Likes

While we’re on the subject of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the fifth and final season starts on April 14th with 3 episodes. Then one episode a week until the end of May.

4 Likes

And I will just start watching the end of May probably - hate the dosage effect, lol.

1 Like

@skieurope I will also wait to watch until all episodes are released like @abasket!

1 Like

I’m too impatient for that :rofl:

1 Like

Watching Succession. This week’s episode had some really excellent acting. Now that my work is slowing down a bit, looking forward to streaming some of the shows mentioned on this thread.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert. I don’t think I’ve every seen one of these before:

Spoiler

Obituary in a major paper for a fictional character
Conservative media mogul Logan Roy dies at 84

ETA. Apparently it has been done before:

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/08/06/archives/hercule-poirot-is-dead-famed-belgian-detective-hercule-poirot-the.html

4 Likes

I just binged the first three episodes of Schmigadoon: Schmicago on Apple+ and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great spoofing of Chicago, Cabaret, Sweeney Todd, Hair, and more. Excellent dancing. It helps to really appreciate musicals.

3 Likes

I started Firefly Lane and am enjoying it.

2 Likes

Just got a message that I can get 6 months of Apple TV for free from t-Mobile. Ted Lasso, here I come.

8 Likes

I just started a series on Netflix called Beef. It was billed as a comedy drama. I didn’t see much comedy. It’s about Korean-Americans and starts with a road rage incident that goes off the rails. I’m only 3 episodes in and I will continue.

2 Likes

Oh there’s a lot of good shows on Apple tv!!

Can’t get it off my mind!! Listened to the “official” podcast and now onto the Vanity Fair podcast!!

I binge watched Black Bird on Apple tv+ last weekend. I’ve avoided it thinking it was going to be a violent prison movie. Ok, it had some of that but it was so much more. Great acting!!

A few weeks ago I watched Dear Edward also on Apple. That was really good. I was worried it would be sad & depressing but it actually wasn’t.

2 Likes