Binge watched tv shows

i’m feeling sort of hip and in-the-know as there is an apple TV show coming out filmed on my sisters houseboat dock about 4 slips down from hers. I met the producers this past summer who were making all their plans and such! it was fun; the area in sausalito is gorgeous - and i hope to see the show soon.

9 Likes

We’ve started watching Night Agent on Netflix. We are only a couple of episodes in, but so far I’d recommend it.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind reading subtitles we’ve been watching Crash Landing on You (Netflix). It’s hilarious, deeply implausible, romantic, and weird. There are occasional music interludes. The show always ends with one scene that you’ve seen before, but from a different point of view.

3 Likes

This is getting lots of good reviews.

I know, which is why I decided to watch it. I’m still not sure what I think of it. Somehow the story line isn’t working for me. No suspension of disbelief for me . . . at least not yet.

Gifted review about Beef: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/05/arts/television/beef-review.html

2 Likes

My daughter mentioned it to me. She said it’s intense. For some reason, she said her father should NOT watch it, but I could give it a try.

@abasket Thanks–that’s an excellent review. Anger is really the focus here!!

1 Like

Those of you who are waiting on Ted Lasso season 3 so you can binge - you should pat yourself on the back. Watching weekly and episode 5 has left me wiggling like a worm in hot ashes wanting to know what happens next. If it was a book, I would stay up all night to finish, but must wait anxiously for next week’s installment and hope for some answers.

5 Likes

I liked Crash Landing on You!!

1 Like

well i just watched it.
cant believe how much i cried. I didnt expect that, as i had heard spoilers going into it. AND, its not like succession is my favorite show or anything. I’m sort of ho-hum about it; its been the same storyline over and over. Yet i keep hanging on, and now I’m invested.

thanks for vanity fair podcast hint!!

1 Like

Have any of you watched (and willing to admit to watching) Love is Blind on Netflix? It’s a unique variation of The Bachelor/Bachelorette (not from that franchise though)- where 30 individuals (15 men/15 women) “date” one another from “pods” where they can talk, and learn about one another, without seeing them…I find the concept fascinating. I’ve often thought if we could get to know someone before seeing them in person there might be a greater chance of successful relationships. No spoilers here. Just an interesting experiment.

2 Likes

I have never watched but am sure I’d like it if I had time. Lots of people love that show - and over Bachelor.

1 Like

I’m a HUGE Love is Blind devotee.

I’ve watched it since the beginning. I even try and keep up to date with how couples from previous seasons are doing. This season was especially interesting. I think like so many reality shows as there are more seasons the participants get “better” at playing the game - which often seems to be gain notoriety. But that won’t stop me from watching.

1 Like

I hear ya!! Roman really got me. The two podcasts I listened to went on and on about Shiz, but Roman’s reactions hit me the hardest. Maybe cause I’m the youngest and I lost both my parents, but I could totally relate to not wanting to have to say “the words” to anyone. (But to be clear…I didn’t leave either of my parents nasty voicemails nor was I in denial!) Can’t wait for Sunday nights now!

1 Like

I’ve watched it! The problem is that most of the people are there not to find love , but to find fame.

1 Like

That seems to be true with many of these type of shows (Bachelor/Bachelorette come to mind)

1 Like

I think this has been mentioned before but Alaska Daily with Hilary Swank is an excellent drama. We watched it on Hulu and all episodes in Season 1 are available. Also, The Bay, a British TV series set in Morecambe Bay. Three seasons are available on BritBox and the 4th is in progress - we were several episodes in before realizing they hadn’t all dropped.

1 Like

Looks like the final three Endeavour episodes are coming to the US in June…

2 Likes

Anyone watch Firefly Lane on Netflix? Came across it the other day and so far have binged through Season 1. A bit predictable, uses the same time gimmick that seems to have become popular now after the This is Us show.

Love(absolutely love) Kate’s house location in the show.

3 Likes