Binge watched tv shows

I’ve seen it already. I agree, one of the best endings I’ve ever watched. I watched the final episode twice.

5 Likes

I need to google this guy. I think that’s fascinating. So much like the character who love America too.

I had a similar reaction to Beef. Thought Ali Wong was great, but still not sure if I really “liked” the series. I had a friend who said that if a performance or a work of art causes you to react and feel something (even if it’s something negative) that means it touched you in some way and that was what was important to consider in evaluating a performance or another work of art.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely true.

1 Like

I mentioned Grace, a British crime drama, here before. We enjoyed season 1 and 2 a lot.

Just watched the first episode of season 3 tonight. It was as good as expected. We like the suspense and the fact that it kept us guessing.

1 Like

Just finished The Diplomat. Liked it a lot–and whoa that ending! Hope we don’t have to wait too long for the second season!

5 Likes

We watched the first two episodes of The Diplomat and liked it. It can be hard to follow, but at least not a lot of blood and guts.

2 Likes

I feel like we are watching a few too many shows right now… Yellowjackets, Succession, Ted Lasso, Better Call Saul, The Night Agent, and very slowly Jane the Virgin

2 Likes

I’m starting to forget what we are watching! Succession, Ted lasso, From, Yellowjacket, chimps, shrinking, and now new seasons for firefly lane and bridgerton are dropping soon. I’m sure there are more, like beef that I just remembered.

1 Like

Not a binge-watch, but did anyone see the Carol Burnett special the other night? It was fantastic! I think you can watch it on nbc.com and Peacock if you missed it.

8 Likes

The second half of the second season of “Firefly Lane” is a tearjerker!!

2 Likes

I didn’t know it dropped, now I know what I’m watching this weekend.

Keep the Kleenex at hand.

2 Likes

I missed the Carol Burnett special. Thanks @patsmom

2 Likes

Succession - the most awful people! We watch it and just look at each other in disbelief. We finish up season 3 tonight.

1 Like

My son and H are watching Succession but I just can’t associate with those people even if they are fictional.

2 Likes

I started watching Abbott Elementary on HBO. I used to sub so I really enjoyed it.

BTW, the home of the Roys in Succession is were my daughter worked in NYC. We love seeing scenes that we recognize. The Roys are horrible people though.

5 Likes

We love Abbott as well, but HS librarian daughter and myself (retired teacher) cannot wrap around 2 things:

–Gregory was initially hired as principal WITHOUT HAVING A SECOND OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE!

–Barbara actually has time to get her nails done during her school lunch!!! I never had more than 25 minutes for lunch!

Well it is a light comedy, but I saw a headline about principals without teaching experience recently, so maybe some states do that. Also does Ava have teaching experience? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Neither Gregory nor Ava had any teaching experience. Ava got the job through blackmail, IIRC.

I believe that in our state, one of the requirements for a school administrator’s license is 5 years classroom experience.