Binge watched tv shows

This was explained that he was part of a program to train Black men as school administrators.

Assuming she wasn’t doing acrylics, these urban nail salons can crank out a manicure in 30 minutes or less.

But the real answer is that it’s not really a documentary. :grin:

6 Likes

When people ask me what the show is about, I tell them they are the most awful people ever, and don’t blink an eye about stabbing each other in the back. But…they actually love each other. It’s so dysfunctional.

2 Likes

Of course it’s not a documentary!!

The world is full of memes about teachers for teachers. Two of the most popular topics are
—not being able to use the bathroom when nature calls and calls loudly

and

—having 25 minute lunch periods that end up being much shorter by the time one gets to the lunchroom, heats up the food, etc., etc.

So much of the show realistic, though. Useless professional development sessions, for one.

2 Likes

'Abbott Elementary star Sheryl Lee Ralph named Rutgers commencement speaker for 2023 - ABC7 Chicago.

She was the youngest female graduate from Rutgers.

3 Likes

Finished Firefly Lane today.

Spoiler:

Hit close to home since I lost one close friend when he was 41, from stomach cancer, and another when she was 50 (cause not determined - probably OD). They were both in our wedding.

I also finished firefly lane yesterday, touched very close to home, this was a show I thought would be more of a virgin River, but increased intensity along the way. I’ll be watching Ted lasso tonight for therapy.

1 Like

I know, right? I’m surprised it hit me as hard as it did.

1 Like

My favorite moment in The Diplomat was when an aide handed Kate a hairbrush. Finally!

2 Likes

We’ve been enjoying The Diplomat. It seems like the hair crew must have to work pretty hard making her hair look so consistently messy.

1 Like

The hair! And, I have a hard time getting over much Keri Russell tries to sound like Claire Danes in Homeland!!

Just want to assure you all that keeping hair messy is really quite easy! :smile:

2 Likes

My best friend from high school has been telling me I have to see it. (My Dad and my husband’s Dad were both diplomats.) Our current set of programs (we only watch one a night) is a big heavy on the sci-fi, so it might be a good addition.)

1 Like

H and I watched two episodes of The Diplomat last week. I thought The Diplomat story line was a bit confusing. The power couple is arguing about foreign policy one minute and then they’re fighting about their marriage a little while later. We’ll keep watching.

1 Like

We also found it a bit confusing. (I’m always relieved when my husband is also having a hard time keeping up with storyline. We figure it is somewhat intentional). Finished episodes 5 and 6 last night, understanding more.

1 Like

Re: Better Things - don’t you feel seen, watching that show? I’m very different than the main character but dealing with lots of the same issues and having lots of the same thoughts.

I like it because it seems more like real life. The audience isn’t spoon fed the plot.

1 Like

Better Things is SO GOOD!! I binged it last year, and have already re-watched the entire series. The acting and writing are both excellent.

1 Like

I really liked it and it definitely rang bells for me when I watched it, but it was a while ago.

Just tore through all of Rough Diamonds in a weekend. A thriller/ family drama set in the Orthodox Jewish diamond district/community in Belgium. Really enjoyed it. Those that can’t handle subtitles won’t like it. It’s in Flemish, English, Yiddish and French. Watching it dubbed…a hard no for me always…will result in missing the amazing way the characters switch languages on a dime amd lose some of the beauty of this work.

2 Likes

Just saw Harry Winkler on Morning Joe and learned that Barry (Season 4) is back (apparently not all 8 episodes). It was dark, but I thought it was excellent. Bill Hader (who plays Barry) is also one of the writers.