Binge watched tv shows

H and I binged Citadel this past weekend although we didn’t know that last episode won’t be out until the end of this week so we will finish it next weekend. It kept us entertained even though much of the plot was not believable.

We started Inventing Anna last night since we needed something else to watch and so far it has been interesting.

Up until this evening I would have said the Amsterdam episode (#6) was the best episode of Ted Lasso, at least for season 3. But, oh, episode 11 - lots of truth & emotion. If the finale is as good as this one, I’ll be so very satisfied. And next week I’ll be smart enough to have my tissues ready from the start.

6 Likes

An episode that uses a Buzzcocks classic in the soundtrack is hard to beat!

1 Like

Dissertations can (and probably will be) written on Ted Lasso. I find myself repeatedly gobsmacked by the depth of this show and its characters.

If you’ve been avoiding the season in order to binge it, I would start the binge so your viewing of the finale coincides with the airing of it on May 31st…otherwise, I expect it will be difficult to avoid spoilers. jmo

6 Likes

Starting my list of shows to watch over the summer…I’m a slo-mo “binger” and way behind many of you!

Firefly …3rd season
Ted Lasso…3rd season
Maisel - final season
Bear

1 Like

Funny you should say that. Just last night we got back to Ted Lasso season 3, about 4 episodes in I think.

1 Like

Anyone have any info on when and where the Detectorists movie will stream in the US? All I have seen on Acorn is “coming soon”, for several months.

1 Like

We’re 5 episodes in on Ted Lasso Season 3. We started S3 last weekend. Season 3 started slow IMO, but seems to be building nicely thus far.

1 Like

Firefly isn’t really Season 3 but an extended Season 2. I say that only because of how it loaded (or didn’t really load) on my TV. The extra episodes didn’t come up (I think it starts at episode 9?) and I thought it was done so went to look up when the next season would be available. Those episodes had already dropped but didn’t just come up.

TLDR: don’t look for Season 3, episode 1 but Season 2, episode 9.

4 Likes

I am still digesting last night’s episode of Ted Lasso. I have thought about it all day and IMO, it was one of the best hours of TV ever. I rarely rewatch any TV show or movie (life is short and so few are worth it) but this one will get watched many times.

I have said this before, but I am convinced if everyone in the whole world watched Ted Lasso, the world would be a much kinder place. Wow. Just wow.

8 Likes

I’m behind on Ted Lasso episodes (on purpose, but rethinking that). But gosh sure do love the positivity and quirkiness of the series.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Went to the Mrs. Maisel finale at the theater last night. It was fun. They gave us a free popcorn and drink, and it was nice to see the costumes (what I’m really interested in) on the big screen.

6 Likes

count me in on the ted lasso (and succession) hype! i have been listening to podcasts dissecting the storylines each week. love it.

the latest TL podcast talked about the theme of avoidance; avoidance of different issues from Nate, Beard, TL & his mom, and Jamie. And, they keep comparing it to wizzard of oz in so many ways. I love it when other people see and hear things i dont see. ** and the show hasn’t made me cry, but the podcast sure did this week. :heart:

3 Likes

I really had no interest in the TL podcast until I read your comment! As a huge Wizard of Oz fan, I’m intrigued. What is the name of the podcast?

1 Like

There has been a ton written about Ted Lasso and Wizard of Oz. Starting with, he’s from Kansas.

Not sure it is by design of the writers or if people see what they want to see. The penultimate episode had some pretty blantant references.

I won’t spoil but you can google and see what the internet sleuths think about the connections.

3 Likes

its called peanut butter and biscuits - its on several platforms but here’s a link to one ( i listen through spotify); made by some guys affiliated with illinois npr.

2 Likes

This final season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel was outstanding - the story and wrap
up was done perfectly. Will be hard for Ted Lasso and Succession to raise this bar :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ted Lasso - Gosh we liked the Amsterdam episode. Fun and heart warming … with great music. Special bonus for us is upcoming 2 night stay in Amsterdam in Sept.

8 Likes

ok - this post encouraged me to actually start mrs Maisel.

thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes