Binge watched tv shows

Yea, we do laugh about that. “So it just so happens that this murder happens within a few days of the building collapse uncovering a decade old corpse hidden in the concrete by the same murderer.”

I found that the plots on Inspector Lewis required me to follow along very carefully as well. Maybe this is a thing from the Original Inspector Morse series, which we have NOT watched?

I have been watching Suits. Requires low attention level so it is relaxing. I am wondering if Meghan Markle’s reputation will improve if this series is popular. Her character is pleasant if bland.

2 Likes

I just started watching it. Not sure if I will continue.

It is cotton candy. Too much may not sit well!

1 Like

There are some fairly convoluted plots in the original Morse series as well. The “Masonic Mysteries” episode stands out on that front.

1 Like

started suits as well; and the diplomat.
enjoying seeing in suits some actors who have moved on to other shows; making one time appearances. i like the quirky main character.

And the diplomat has me fascinated. It’s different than so many political shows i’ve seen; more based on the politics of how decisions are made rather than the results of the decisions. (if that makes sense). but liking it!

4 Likes

Started the new season of Lincoln Lawyer tonight. I had forgotten how much I love this show.

5 Likes

FYI, I just noticed this evening that four episodes of Jack Ryan Season 4, the final season, have been dropped. There are only 6 episodes in all. SO and I will be watching this weekend. We very much enjoyed the first 3 seasons.

4 Likes

I binged Suits when it was still on Bravo (but several seasons in, so a true binge). It is fluff, and of course the legal things are ridiculous, but it was okay. Meghan had just started dating Harry so it was buzzing that SHE was on the show and would they get married and was she a great actress, etc… I liked it fine but by the time I was caught up with the binge, I was done and didn’t return to watch the last season.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up; apparently they drop 8:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. PT for us west coasters) on Thursdays. So the last two will drop July 13 in the evening for those of us who don’t like to wait until Fridays.

2 Likes

We are watching White House Plumbers and it’s so interesting. I had forgotten so much of this.

2 Likes

I haven’t read through this entire thread so forgive me if this show has already been mentioned: The Night Manager with Tom Hiddleston is a compelling spy thriller. I’m a big Le Carré fan and I’ve always thought Hiddleston would make an excellent Bond.

Jack Ryan is good too, but the two episode per week release is making me crazy. I want all the episodes right now!

I also binged Tour de France: Unchained (twice!). I’ve always been a casual fan of the Tour, but getting a behind-the-scenes look has amplified my interest.

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I may suggest The Night Manager to H. Good rotten tomatoes score and good actors.

Right now, we don’t have much going on, just waiting for new seasons of things. We started Vikings - we are almost through season 1 - and have been enjoying that. Only 100 episodes to go.

We tried Jack Ryan and liked season 1. We lost interest in season 2 and never went back to it.

1 Like

The Night Manager was excellent. I agree that TH would be a good Bond!

4 Likes

I loved, loved, LOVED The Night Manager! It was so good. Parts of it were so tense that I almost couldn’t bear to watch it. I hear they just greenlit a second season and am really looking forward to it.

3 Likes

So many tense moments in that show. I can’t wait for the second season!

One episode left of The Bear. So good!

1 Like

I feel the same about Suits, compmom!

My D has been watching it for a few years (loved it) and my H is now into it. At first I dismissed it (humph, this is not how it works in the law!) then got drawn in. lol Good writing/acting, the characters are compelling. Up till midnight watching episode after episode now! :laughing:

Agree it’s somehow relaxing. Watched Succession and that was brilliantly written but just so emotionally draining. I can watch Suits and not feel disturbed afterwards, lol.

3 Likes

Suits was fun. I think we watched most of it before Meghan M joined the royal family. It was 9 seasons, starting in 2011.

Probably lawyers watch Suits the same way doctors/nurses watch medical shows. Not so realistic (ha, especially Grey’s Anatomy with a whopper disaster every season) but still interesting and easy watching.

3 Likes