Binge watched tv shows

Thanks!

1 Like

Fisk looks good!

She cracks me up because she says what she thinks. She doesn’t have much of a filter which gets her in trouble.

2 Likes

Also, enjoyed Fisk

1 Like

Jus finished bingeing The Bear on Hulu. We loved it and keep calling each other “chef” now.

Sometimes I wish I started these great shows after they’ve ended. Waiting a year
.blah!

7 Likes

Yes, Chef!

The Bear is a great show. As a Chicago area resident I’m going to work my way through some of the restaurants featured in The Bear.

5 Likes

This is a GREAT idea! Pequod’s
yummmmmm

Five Star Chef on netflix–only 6 episodes (unfortunately). Just over the top food and service. Competition from very accomplished chefs to take over the Palm Room at Langham Hotel in London (DON’T look up the hotel–they say who their chef is–biggest spoiler ever!)

1 Like

I have been watching old PBS Masterpiece Mysteries. Finished Endeavor, now Inspector Lewis.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching American Greed on CNBC (2 episodes per night). It is really amazing what people get away with. Last night was about Peggy King, a woman who ‘managed’ a lot of professional athletes and just stole all their money. She’d meet these 24 year olds, get them to sign over their paychecks with the agreement that she’s pay all the bills and do the taxes, and then just take the money and file fraudulent tax returns and take that money too.

My daughter’s BF is applying to the FBI and this shows a whole different side of the work he could do. More accounting than guns, so I hope that’s what he does.

1 Like

Wait a minute - 7830 replies, and no one has mentioned Dark Winds? It’s based on the Joe Leaphorn/Jim Chee mystery series written by Tony Hillerman.

The stories are good (it’s now in Season 2), but what really grabs you is the authenticity. Leaphorn and Chee are Navajo police officers on the reservation. The cast is amazing (especially Zahn McClendon) and they’re almost all Native American actors. There’s a heavy emphasis on Native American religion, beliefs, and language.

It’s very good.

8 Likes

I used to read those books. Where is it available?

Heard about it on NPR last week. On my list to watch.

Also, look forward to season 3 of Reservation Dogs.

2 Likes

@garland - it’s on AMC. I read the books, too - the series condenses some of the books and reconfigures some of the plots, but I’m not complaining. Hillerman taught the reader so much about the Navajo, and I feel like the series accomplishes some of that, too. McClendon really is Joe Leaphorn.

4 Likes

The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, very atmospheric, first few episodes are bingeable but then one episode dropped each week until 9/1.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I loved the Hillerman books and will definitely start this series.

1 Like

We have started “Yellowstone”. Finally.

1 Like

We are almost done with The Diplomat, which we have loved but I really thinkit would have been okay to comb Keri Russell’s hair occasionally. Being the smartest person in the room isn’t diminished by a comb.

4 Likes

Well, of course. but the point is it’s her particular persona. She just. doesn’t. care.

1 Like

But then what would we viewers talk about? :wink:

1 Like