Binge watched tv shows

Really enjoyed Woman at War on Netflix. It honors the woman of WW1.

2 Likes

We’ve been watching Dark Winds, too. I do like it.

Reservation Dogs is outstanding, too.

We have pretty wide taste, but I don’t like horror so no Walking Dead for me.

We have been watching “Hap and Leonard”. Funny, smart, sometimes very violent, topical mysteries set in small town Texas in the 80s. Hap is white. Leonard is black and gay, played by Michael Kenneth Williams (The Wire).

We’ve also been watching “Is It Cake?” hosted by Mikey Day. It’s a baking contest show where contestants try to make their cakes look like inanimate objects and fool the judges.

2 Likes

Been watching The Paradise (Sarah Lancashire, with weird bangs) – about a 19th Century Department store. Less good than Mr.Selfridges IMHO but okay while doing sth else.

Rewatched Deadloch, focusing on some characters (Vanessa, Ray, Margaret, Tammy, Phil, Sven) and relationships (Dulcie&Cath, Abbie&Sam, the doctor-mayor&her husband). Knowing Eddie has a good reason for wanting to wing it&return North ASAP, and being prepared for the language (+knowing from intw with authors that c-word in Australia is equivalent to bast** in the US) helps. So, if you’re put off by the drunk, cursing, inept detective, just hold on.

Started Tiny Beautiful Things. Hard watch. Kathryn Hahn is incredible.

Tiny Beautiful Things was wonderful! It gets easier to watch as she starts to pull herself together as it goes on—I agree, it was rough at the beginning to like her.

I watched Shrinking on Apple TV and it had a similar arc. Loved it.

2 Likes

We also liked Shrinking (Apple TV)

1 Like

The Morning Show season 3 starts Sep 13. I think 2 episodes drop, and then 1 per week.

6 Likes

Just finished the six episodes of Fisk and really enjoyed it. Charming and amusing.

4 Likes

The tailor! Was turned off by the first episode, even the second I was unsure, but when I people repeatedly said how good it was, I stuck with it, and wow. highly recommend

1 Like

Good to know. I just finished watching the little trailer at the beginning and was intrigued. I’ll push thru the first few episodes.

Thanks, I’m looking for something to watch now that we’re finished with The Bear.

1 Like

DH and I are binge watching Only Murders in the Building. We’re only on season 1 but we’re enjoying it after finishing Hijack and Lincoln Lawyer.

7 Likes

We are planing on re watching “Only Murders in the Building” season 1 and then watching seasons 2 and 3.

3 Likes

Just finished binging A Perfect Story on Netflix. It’s a charming Spanish (dubbed) romance mini-series with attractive leads and lovely settings in Spain and Greece. Somewhat obvious in parts but easy to watch. (Quick note that it is rated Adult for valid reasons.)

1 Like

“Suits”!

Thoroughly addicted now. In season 3.

2 Likes

I love it that Mickey on The Lincoln Lawyer plays tennis and not pickle ball. :sweat_smile:. We tennis players are a dying breed, I fear.

1 Like

I binged The Lincoln Lawyer a little while back when season 2 came out and enjoyed it. I was curious about the 2011 movie with Matthew McConaughey and ran into it on cable on the Paramount channel a couple of days ago. I recorded it and even with commercials, was thoroughly engrossed. I gather it kept close to the first Mickey Haller book.

It was interesting to see the differences and similarities in characters between the mini series and the movie. Excellent cast and did I say Matthew McConaughey? :wink:

Never read any of Michael Connelly’s books but maybe I should start?

3 Likes

If there was a TV channel devoted to MM, I would watch it exclusively. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Pickleball is being banned at a lot of city parks around here because it is too loud and the neighbors are complaining. Maybe it’s too loud in Hollywood too?

I was at a campground this last weekend and the noise was so annoying.

Connelly is a great writer of popular fiction (detective novels and popular fiction). He’s probably best known for his Harry Bosch detective series, which was also turned into a series (Amazon). Bosch and Mickey Haller (The Lincoln Lawyer) are half-brothers (same father). The two meet as adults. Connelly is a former crime reporter. Apparently, the two won’t meet in either series because Amazon owns the Bosch series and Netflix owns The Lincoln Lawyer.

3 Likes