Binge watched tv shows

Season 4 of Sex Education (Netflix) drops tomorrow

2 Likes

New season of Lupin hits Netflix on October 5.

New season of Gilded Age hits HBO on October 29.

10 Likes

Looking forward to Lupin. Wish I could remember how it was left in the last seasonā€“better do some quick research.

Just finished the latest season of Call the Midwife. My H watched the last four episodes with me because we donā€™t have a show in common going on right now. I kept having to give him back story, and heā€™s like, when did you watch the rest of this? There were how many seasons?

Anyway, of course it hit all the right notes of sad and happy as it always does.

4 Likes

We typically watch the last episode of prior season if there has been a big gap before release of next season. Itā€™s overkill (usually there is a recap at beginning), but we have a lot of time and like the refresher.

2 Likes

Season 2 of Bosch Legacy will be premiering October 20 on Prime Video.

6 Likes

Curiosity questionā€¦
Do people prefer to see things one episode a week, or prefer to watch several at a time?
Now that Iā€™ve binged so many, I really prefer to see several episodes fairly close together, time-wise.

3 Likes

I much prefer binging a few. We watched the last dropped only murders in the building and now have to wait until Tuesday for the next, weā€™ve been watching several at a time. We rarely watch network TV (but still have cable) and decide what shows we want to stream based on our mood.

3 Likes

I prefer to watch at my own pace. I guess that means I donā€™t subscribe to watching one week at a timeā€¦Iā€™d rather let episode supply build up and then watch on my own schedule - which isnā€™t more than one episode a day, but maybe a few a week.

5 Likes

I like to watch several episodes (2-3 depending on length) in a row.
However thereā€™s something to be said for the collective experience of watching one episode and speculating together as some experienced with Happy Valley, Line of duty or Vigil.

1 Like

I havenā€™t read any previous posts, but my wife and I are finishing up Jack Ryan on Prime. Though completely implausible, itā€™s an entertaining show.

We do a mix. Generally we watch one episode at a time (or two if Silent Witness, two-episode storyline). If it is a new series, weā€™ll usually watch two to get in the groove of the story. We pick the show(s) that we are in the mood for that night.

For me-only shows hubby dislikes (Greyā€™s Anatomy, Grace and Frankie, Schittā€™s Creekā€¦ now Gilmore Girls) pace dependent on how much Iā€™m exercising. I watch them while doing exercise videos (on mute) or inside trainer bike.

3 Likes

I just watched the first season of The Newsreader, and agree that itā€™s very good!

Also, can someone compile a list of new seasons of popular shows that will be available soon?

1 Like
5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Where did you find Season 1? Roku has removed it and I canā€™t find it anywhere else.

Thanks for this!!! Exactly what we needed!

1 Like

I was a schitts creek treadmiller, it took me a bit, but then I fell so in love with the show that I made D watch it, and I watched it again. Heā€™s very good about watching episodes here and there of shows heā€™s not particularly interested in (call the midwife, downton abbey, virgin River, below deck- Iā€™m sure there is more) but he admitted schitts creek was a good one. He has some very eclectic tastes in TV, I think heā€™s proud of having watched the worst movies ever.

3 Likes

Right? I found it by accident a couple days ago and bookmarked.

1 Like

BBC iPlayer

1 Like