Binge watched tv shows

We finished Red Oaks. It ran in 2015-2017. Very fun 1980s sitcom about college aged kids working at a Jewish Country Club in NJ. It’s hilarious, sweet, and fun all in one. Love the time period. Episodes are only 25-30 min long.

We started Gen V last night. Completely different from Red Oaks! If you like The Boyz, you’ll like this. We did.

1 Like

Where is Red Oaks streaming?

Red Oaks is on Amazon Prime or Freevee

1 Like

Started watching Devil’s Plan on Netflix. Interesting intersection of social dynamics, game theory and hard intellectual challenges. The games are pretty complicated so I had to hit pause/rewind to even follow the subtitles (game show is Korean) as rules are explained.

Just binged Deadloch on Amazon Prime. It was hilarious :rofl:! Great combination of comedy and mystery. The type of humor reminded me a little of Derry Girls or Bad Sisters. Rotten Tomatoes gave it :100:.

4 Likes

H and I watched the Belgian version of Professor T and enjoyed all three seasons. We’re thinking about watching the British version on PBS. My question: is the British version the same as the one from Belgium. I know the characters are the same, but are the episodes different?

1 Like

Thanks, loved both of those shows.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not actually ready to watch a show in Spanish unless it has subtitles, but I’ve been self-studying since February and I think the more I listen to the better.

The plots are very similar although they have changed some details. Trying not to give too much away, but since you’ve seen all three seasons of the Belgian version, the Season 1 & 2 storylines of the two female detectives’ office romances are significantly different.

1 Like

I watched Virgin River last year. Now a new season is out and I tried to watch without reviewing but I have to go back and figure out who is who. I can remember some of it, but there are definitely holes in my memory.

And why do so many characters have to look alike?

1 Like

It took a bit to get used to but in the end I loved Deadloch and even went back to episode 1 to rewatch, looking for little elements and checking out some characters from the start.

Watching Lupin (Season 2) to prepare for Oct 5 drop of Season 3!

Really well-done French ‘gentleman thief’ series (discussed upthread, I believe) :blush:

1 Like

Very excited for this.

4 Likes

I just heard of Bad Sisters, and that it stars Eve Hewson, and now I want to see that! Just recently been listening to a really good band led by her brother Elijah.

Talented family!

(They’re Bono’s kids, lol.)

2 Likes

Inhaler. Great band.

I totally missed that connection

1 Like

First time I heard an Inhaler song, my thought was “Who’s trying to sound like Bono?!” And then I found out.

2 Likes

Yes. It has subtitles/captions in English. It’s soooo good.

1 Like

Really enjoying Call my Agent (Thanks to recommendations here). Great acting. Fun characters. Re-visiting Paris :wink: .

2 Likes

Netflix -Encounters- 4 part miniseries. Definitely interesting. The pictures the kids described and drew looked alarmingly like the petroglyphs (over 1000 years old) in Utah that I have seen.

1 Like

Not sure where to put this: SNL Returns: Pete Davidson to Host With Ice Spice

3 Likes