Binge watched tv shows

I discovered that from this page’s recommendations last year. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And yes, all the Paris!

There has been a lot of buzz around this show in the last week. Has anyone over watched it?

1 Like

‘The type of humor reminded me a little of Derry Girls or Bad Sisters.’
Watched the first episode and we are hooked. Love this type of humor. Thanks for the recommendation.

For anyone using BBC iPlayer, the 5th, and final, of the British (aka the original) version of Ghosts dropped yesterday. I thought I would finish Lupin today, but I guess that will have to wait. :rofl:

1 Like

Bosch followers - I think the new season drops later this month. Date is the 20th, IIRC.

6 Likes

DH and I are still working our way through Suits.

We must not be alone because it has broken the record for most weeks at No. 1.

3 Likes

Loved Suits! Even with its flaws- so much fun!

Thanks to whoever gave the Deadloch rec. it’s great!

1 Like

Season 6 of the Crown will be released as two parts - Part 1, comprising of the first 5 episodes will release on November 16th, and Part 2 will release on December 14th

6 Likes

I agree! I’m hooked!

2 Likes

A couple I’ve recently enjoyed:

Summer of Rockets (Keeley Hawes)
MotherFatherSon (Richard Gere)

1 Like

We are back from a trip that included a visit to The Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam. Someday I may start a thread on that topic (I’m reading her diaries now on Kindle (only $0.99). But for now I’m just restating our appreciation for “A Small Light” series ( Hulu, Disney Plus, Prime Video, Apple TV or Vudu). It enriched our visit at the museum, where the family was hidden in annex. But really it will be meaningful even if you never get to Amsterdam.

May we never forget the Nazi victims and their heroic helpers…

3 Likes

Sometimes TV shows run their natural course and end, existing only in our fond memories. Even the most beloved shows should just let us remember them as they were.

I’m looking at you Frasier. OMG that relaunch sucked.

3 Likes

i liked suits - but i think what i really liked was the very quirky Louis character. I’ve not seen anything like him in any other show. glad he got his happy ending!

2 Likes

so i binged on Lupin in the last week! It was surprisingly sweet at times. Hope they make another season.

question: anyone know if the LUPIN book series is real?

1 Like

It is indeed. They were written by French novelist Maurice Leblanc. I can’t attest to the specific books referenced in the series, though.

1 Like

The ones I know are The Hollow Needle and Gentleman burglar. They’re great fun but beware, they take place in turn of the century France (1890s? 1900s???) not nowadays.
The Hollow Needle does take place on those white cliffs in Etretat like the series and fans are so many trampling around the delicate stone that the town is thinking of restricting access for fear the cliffs could crumble.

1 Like

Etretat is an amazingly beautiful place. I’m glad I got to the top of one of the cliffs, but I can understand why they may want to restrict access.

2 Likes

That was a hard climb, especially since my ankle was acting up.

4 Likes

It really was! Not sure I could it again.

1 Like