Binge watched tv shows

Bosch Legacy season 2 actually dropped last night, but today was advertised day.

1 Like

As much as I like Bosch, the first 2 episodes of the new season really plodded along. It’s been a while since my fast forward button got so much action. By episode 3, it gets better

Great to see returnees from the original series, like Crate & Barrel, make appearances.

3 Likes

Just started Hotel Portofino (PBS Masterpiece). Good stuff!

1 Like

I agree about the first 2. I didn’t know episode 3 was available- will have to go check it out.

We watched the Crowded Room this week, based on your suggestion. It was intense, but well done.

1 Like

That beach is incredibly cool too, it’s not sand, but stones and every stone is actually a geode. The crystals inside are not super impressive, but still. I spent an afternoon with my watercolors pretending to be Monet while my brother and SIL who we’d dropped off some miles down the road hiked along the cliff. This was long before the TV show and there were not a lot of tourists even mid-summer.

Just started this. Only 3 episodes released so far, but I’m loving it

8 Likes

is anyone bothered by the golden doodle (not popular until 1990’s)?

2 Likes

Yes!

I imagined him differently but it doesn’t bother me.
6-30 is such an important character that they needed whichever dog could best perform the role.
IIRC the book 6-30 was a mixed breed and since this type of mix didn’t become popular till the 90s you can easily imagine it was an unplanned mix ;).

First thing out of my mouth.

No. If I have to suspend disbelief with a talking dog, then the breed of dog is the least of my concerns. :joy:

Plus, he’s a cute dog

3 Likes

Is there a talking dog in the book, too?

Parts of the book are presented from Six Thirty’s PoV

1 Like

I loved hearing 6:30’s thoughts and seeing his point of view. :star_struck: I’m generally a complete sucker for unusual pov’s (reason I really liked the novel Pax, from the perspective of a domesticated pet fox that’s been abandonned in the forest due to a war looming.)

Just finished Bad Sisters-- loved it. Guessed some of what happened but not all. Loved the acting, and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

Just finished sex education on Netflix. Did a good job covering a lot of issues in the last season. They were just getting too old for the series and I think ending it was a good idea.

1 Like

Binged “Fall of the House of Usher” yesterday, and feel like I was thoroughly Poe’d. Gory and icky, but not particularly scary.

I am loving Lessons in Chemistry. I’m a bit like Elizabeth.

4 Likes

Loved the book. I might wait until all the episodes are out. She’s such a great character.

2 Likes