Binge watched tv shows

Totally agree – we have now seen three of the four episodes and DH is enjoying it enough. But the complexity, the intricate plot, the bravery of the primaries all seem to be lost. And let’s not talk about the accents!

1 Like

A review I saw was pretty much “stay away”. :face_with_head_bandage:

My favorite film/TV critic gave it a thumbs down, too.

I’ve been listening to a podcast about the Maya trial called Nobody Should Believe Me. I had a long drive after a long flight (where I watched the Netflix show) so it was a great time to listen to the podcast. They brought up a lot of facts that weren’t covered in the film.

I’m eager to hear about the trial of the murder of bike racer. I followed that story when it happened. My daughter is a bike racer (but not the same discipline) so it was covered in many of the news outlets I follow and I haven’t heard anything about it since.

They had opening arguments on Friday. I think it is supposed to last 2 weeks but I don’t know how as it seems a simple case to me - you either believe she did it or not, with video of her driving to the apartment where Mo was staying, tracking on the phone, gun found at Caitlin Anderson’s apt…you can tell I think she did it.

I don’t know why they left so much out of the Maya trial with 28 days of testimony. Simple things like how many patients were assigned to each nurse (lots of testimony about how much time they spent playing with Maya), what she did all day, could she keep up with school while in the hospital for 92 days, what she did on Christmas…they just didn’t spend much time on what the plan was to return her home or terminate parental rights. The hospital took custody but didn’t DO anything medically or in loco parentis.

And Florida never stops providing excitement. Charging capital murder in the Microsoft exec murder case. Florida…the all CourtTV state!

9 Likes

I actually did watch the Xmas episode again when my son watched it. I never thought I would. The 2nd time was enjoyable viewing, unlike the anxiety filled 1st time. Since I knew what it was about, I could relax and enjoy the fast paced humor, really listen to what was being said and the wonderful weirdness of it all.

My favorite episode of the entire series so far was the next one “forks”.

1 Like

As far as “light you cannot see”, I didn’t read the book. I don’t think it’s a “stay away” limited series. It’s decent enough for a Sunday night, we binged it. It’s good, just not great. Better than a lot of other stuff on Netflix.

2 Likes

Shetland is back! I was confused because I was sure I had seen this season due to the new DI, but turns out I was confusing it with Unforgotten who also got a new lead.
Binge watched all of Annika.
Went on with Lessons in chemistry and still really liking it. I was so dreading a specific event I had checked when it happened (end of Ep2) but switching to 6:30 in ep3 then a good job with ep 4-5 so it doesn’t just feel like a tragedy. Wish there was a bit more of 6:30’s actual narration but acting alongside a dog must be super challenging, especially since 6:30 has no leash most of the time and must walk alongside Brie Larson with no direct hand guidance.

3 Likes

I saw. Almost, but not quite, enough for me to go “Jimmy who?”

I am halfway through Lupin Season 3, and a plot turn happened that so upset me that part of me doesn’t even want to keep watching. I am sure I will, hoping it is turned again, but so disturbing!

Edit: trying to be circumspect here, but I’m not talking about the obvious one earlier in the season.

1 Like

I like Loki, but the plot doesn’t make any sense. It’s Marvel…who knew? I really hate the new TV trend. A few years ago, I could watch an entire season and it would last until Christmas, and sometimes spring. Now I get 6-8 episodes at most, and they all show up in July. All my TV watching is over in August and I have to wait 2 years for the next season. Why do I even pay for streaming content?

1 Like

I liked the first season. This season bores me to tears

1 Like

With Season 2, I just nod my head and eat popcorn. I’ll blame the Hollywood strike for this mess. But Owen Wilson makes the show funny.

H and I are so confused! We laugh after every episode. If it wasn’t for Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, I would have abandoned it long ago. I think we have one episode left to go.

In general I hate the new Disney Marvel shows vs the old Netflix ones. The old ones were SO MUCH BETTER!!!

1 Like

Love love Annika , episode four, the 1984 theme, brilliant and funny. Complex

2 Likes

Finished Bodies (a time travel / mystery, with 4 time periods and detectives finding same body). It was OK, not great. We did opt to finish it because hey, it’s gonna be a long winter and we’ll need a lot of shows to fill it.

We are now watching Lessons in Chemistry. I am enjoying it. Not exactly same as the book, but it does capture the main spirit of the story.

1 Like

We know that the holidays are just around the corner because Holiday Baking Championship and Christmas Cookie Challenge, both Food Network shows, popped up on our DVR recorded list last week.

2 Likes

Where are you watching the new season of Shetland? I think Britbox is getting it at the end of the month. It’s not there as of now.

BBC iPlayer

1 Like