Binge watched tv shows

My friend just texted me this morning about Fargo. She was watching it this morning at 8 am!!! I plan to watch it tonight.

Was a common dig back in my day from Harvard MBAs. That was in the glory days of the HBS Case Study method. They referred to Wharton as a “trade school” because we actually learned how to do things as opposed to just thinking about them.

1 Like

We just finished the latest season of The Morning Show. While it may have jumped the shark a little bit, I loved watching it for all the gorgeous and unrealistic clothes and hair styles. Jennifer Aniston is so attractive on screen.

What an industry - I have no doubt it is as back-stabbing as it is portrayed on TV.

1 Like

Having just signed up for free or minimal cost deals on Apple+ and Hulu, I am now prepared for *The Morning Show * and The Bear seasons 3, and Lessons in Chemistry. I guess I may have to follow my thoughts about buying a 43” smart tv for the guest bedroom after all - so I can stream while relaxing in my new adjustable bed arriving Wednesday. Just waiting to see if Cyber Monday comes up with a better price than today!

4 Likes

We really enjoyed Lessons in Chemistry. I wish they would do a second season but since they covered the whole book I guess it’s doubtful.

5 Likes

If they want to do another kitchen-related short series, they could try Abbs’Miss Eliza’s English kitchen. It wouldn’t be as original as Lessons in Chemistry but would still share some similar elements.

1 Like

Just finished the first two episodes of Fargo. Can’t wait for the next ones, indeed.

2 Likes

I’m binging Special Forces (Hulu) and finding it very compelling.
It would be very helpful to me if people would mention on which service their recommendations are playing.

2 Likes

Finished “Lessons in Chemistry”. Sooooooo good. (Apple)

8 Likes

Liked the book. Liked the TV series too (though some of the plot lines varied). Getting ready to reread the book for a January zoom book club discussion.

2 Likes

Just watched the entire series Six Feet Under, while I am in bed with COVID.

1 Like

I loved that when it was first out. I think I should watch it again.

I hope you feel better soon. I’m watching Six Feet Under, too. I’m on the last season. I hadn’t rewatched since it came out years ago, so am enjoying the appearances of “before they were famous” actors and actresses.

I was joking to my daughter that the ending is helping my congestion. I have watched it over again a few times and cry every time!

Not sure where to put this but Doctor Who is back!!! Disney+ has the first of the three 60th anniversary specials and it was fantastic. My favorite Doctor and my favorite companion together again! A very classic feeling episode. I can’t wait for the next two Saturdays.

4 Likes

I loved this episode! The tone, the production values. Just excellent. I was so happy!

So many good shows on Apple and Hulu!

Signed up for Britbox on BF sale. What is the best show to start?

Signed onto a black friday deal with Hulu. What shows on hulu would you recommend?

The Bear for sure!

4 Likes