Binge watched tv shows

That’s what makes it so bittersweet, @dstark. There’s no easy answer. :slight_smile:

Other recent Tom Hanks movies that I liked a lot: “Captain Phillips,” “Bridge of Spies,” and “Saving Mr. Banks.” Not Tom Hanks, also really good: “All is Lost,” with Robert Redford.

What?!? No posts about Stranger Things ??? Warning – it’s absolutely addictive.

@katliamom, I posted about Stranger Things a couple of weeks ago. There were several others who had watched, too! Scary!

Guess I’m behind the times, @alwaysamom

^^Yes, it’s sometimes hard to keep up with the pace of some of these threads! :slight_smile:

Who recommended Bates motel? It started out ok but it got worse and worse. Now I am a bit depressed having spent time watching it.

I just started watching Stranger Things last night. It is very good. Got a lot of 80’s stuff.

Loved Stranger Things though it took me a couple of episodes to get going.

Thanks for the heads up @Consolation about The Last Kingdom. Watched it all over the weekend! I am a Vikings fan and this is a notch below that IMO, but also less violent. I liked both for different reasons. And there is overlap in the events and characters which is interesting.

So sad that “The Night Of” is over!

@OHMomof2 , I will have to give Vikings a try.

Over the weekend I watched the first five or six episodes of Marcella, a British police series on Netflix. It was driving me mildly crazy, so I googled a question I had about it, and stumbled on The Guardian’s recaps of it. They found it annoying also. Vindicated! So I just read the rest of the recaps and am calling it a day on that one. B-)

Coincidentally, the actor who plays Young Ragnar in The Last Kingdom is also in Marcella.

For the past ten days, I’ve been watching Orange is the New Black. I am embarrassed to tell you how many episodes I’ve watched but let’s just say, a lot! :slight_smile: I am enjoying it more, the further I get into the series, with the exception of Piper. I have found her annoying from the start but she gets even more annoying as time goes on. I like the backstories of the different characters and I love how many theatre actors are in the show. That is always a bonus for me.

The show definitely improves when it focuses less on Piper. :slight_smile: Although it is always good.

Glad you like it, @alwaysamom. It’s a show our whole family loves but we all dislike Piper!

Gosh I am so tempted to pay the 34.00 bucks for season 4 of The Americans on Amazon!
I also love Vikings, Homeland, Black Sails, The Knick, of course GOT.
I am not good with comedies…what does that say about me…

@VANURSEPRAC We gave in and paid for Season 4 of Americans. Liking it so far; some shockers. We still have about 5 episodes left–spacing them out a bit.

I’m a big GOT fan. Also like Vikings and Homeland. Haven’t tried the others you mention. Planning on trying The Last Kingdom next at people’s suggestion.

Saw a trailer for new series Westworld in HBO starting in October. Looks promising.

The Americans is among the best shows of its kind on cable TV. I had no idea Amazon charged that much for it (we DVR it), but I’d spring for it. You pay that much for a movie for two with refreshments (one of the reasons we generally just watch at home :slight_smile: ).

I watched all 6 episodes of River, the British police series, last night and this morning. Yet another troubled detective, but the acting and writing in this series was above the usual level. Also, some very good female characters. I love Nicola Walker, one of the leads, who played Ruth on MI5 (or Spooks, if you go by the British title). In fact that’s why I started watching it in the first place.

I love The Americans. Watched the first three seasons on Amazon Prime (free) and season 4 as it aired this spring. I also often watched in on FX the next day just because I enjoyed it so much.

Watching The Americans right now. Almost the end of season 1.