Binge watched tv shows

Peaky Blinders! Peaky Blinders!
Got nothing done except binging on Peaky Blinders.
Best. Weekend. Ever.

We are finally watching Poldark. Thank you for the recommendation. We are really enjoying it.

I watched the next to last episode of Season 4ā€™s Orange is the New Black. Just devastating. I havenā€™t had a show affect me this much in a very long time.

@Consolation , Iā€™m a few days behind on this discussion. I watched River a couple of weeks ago and loved it. did I find out about it here? I canā€™t remember. I like Nicola Walker but I really liked the lead, Stellan SkarsgĆ„rd. I have a habit of googling actors and found out he is a Swedish actor and was a teen singer heart throb back in his early days. Swedish guy playing an English detective perfectly.

Slow TV. It soundsā€¦ intriguing!

ā€œIf youā€™ve ever wanted to see seven hours of unedited footage from a camera mounted to the front of a trainā€”and who hasnā€™t?ā€”your ship has come in. In August, Netflix began airing the Norwegian Broadcasting Companyā€™s ā€œSlow TV,ā€ a genre which offers such viewing experiences as the four-hour National Knitting Evening, the six-hour National Firewood Night and the aforementioned Train Ride: Bergen to Oslo.ā€

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/05/slow-tv-netflix-s-chill-mesmerizing-antidote-to-the-madness-of-2016.html

@alwaysamom I just finished OITNB as well. I had heard this was not a good season, but I enjoyed it, though sad.
I just started the second season of Narcos, and the Get Down. Normally I dont start two at once, but Ive been dying to watch the Get Down, and so far so good. I was in elementary during the birth of hip hop, and I love seeing this show.

I enjoyed this season of OITNB although the last episodes were heartbreaking.

Husband is binging on Narcos. I canā€™t really get into it much. So violent.

And weā€™re watching US Open so too much time in front of the TV.

I watched the first episode of Bosch and liked it, but itā€™s been sitting on a tab on the laptop, waiting for me to get inspired to continue. Seems Iā€™m doing the same for season 2 of Hinterland.

Hubby is watching Narcos and Iā€™m in the room but it is really just so disturbing to me. So violent and such unconscionable evil. Makes my stomach turn.

I tried to watch Narcos on the recommendation of one of my nephews, but I couldnā€™t.

@OspreyCV22 , Skarsgard was indeed superb. I first saw him in Breaking the Waves, a Lars von Trier movie I truly hated, so I always have a hard time getting past that when I see him. :slight_smile:

I watched half of The Get Down while I was on vacation. I was liking it quite a bit. Like other Baz Luhrmann stuff, it was light on plot and common sense, but beautiful to watch with great set pieces. Itā€™s about the birth of hip-hop in the Bronx in the late 70s. I spent seven months in New York right then, so there was lots of nostalgia in it for me. (To be fair, I did not spend time in housing projects in the South Bronx, and it was a couple more years before I heard of Grandmaster Flash, turntablism, or rapping. I was aware of graffiti art, though.)

My kids strongly recommend Stranger Things.

I remember liking Lost In Translation when I saw it. No, thereā€™s no clear point, but itā€™s pretty, and I thought Murray and Johansson captured a specific sort of fey mood that was somewhat charming. Of course, this was the ten other movies where Johansson plays muse to a man older than her parents. I lost interest in watching that long ago.

@JHS I remember rap unfolding. I worked in two record stores in college and I turned down lots of free rap records. I had been trying to remember the name of that Netflix show. Just looked it up and The Get Down the most expensive TV show ever produced, at 10 million dollars per episode. I love to watch period productions to critique the props and costumes. Iā€™m off to check it outā€¦

Our local PBS station had a Downton Abbey marathon and I taped them all. Canā€™t believe I am addicted all over again watching every single one

Iā€™m about 2/3 of the way through Season 1 of Bloodline. Iā€™m enjoying it, mostly the beautiful cinematography, the setting, the music, and the wonderful cast. The storylines can be somewhat annoying, coming close at times to being unbelievable. The acting is terrific, and itā€™s interesting that so many watch because of Kyle Chandler, who, in my opinion, is the weak link in the cast. Heā€™s an older, heavier, more frumpy version of Coach Taylor, only now he has a badge. His acting choices are the same, regardless of the character heā€™s playing.

Ben Mendelsohn is amazing. His ability to blend being sympathetic, pathetic and frightening, sometimes all three within one scene, is a beauty to behold.

And it was fun to see a friend of my D who plays Kevin.

Ben Mendelsohn is amazing. Kyle Chandler has a presence. I think the show would be in trouble without Kyle Chandler.

Plusā€¦what is wrong with a frumpy version of Coach Taylor? Coach Taylor was a great character. :slight_smile:

I watched a lot of the Downton Abbey marathon, but the constant beg-a-tho was too annoying for me to consider recording it and watching it that way. Amazon print is the way to go.

@dstark , nothingā€™s wrong, other than this character is clearly not Coach Taylor. :slight_smile: Having said that, I have watched a few more episodes today and itā€™s as though Kyle Chandler wanted to prove me wrong! He has been very good, and very un-Coach Taylor-like. One episode to go and I have really enjoyed this season.

p.s. I was showing my H photos of The Moorings tonight and am thinking that we might schedule a visit sometime this winter. What a beautiful spot.

If you enjoyed The Vikings or just plain like historical dramas, then you might like Netflikā€™s The Last Kingdom. My dh and I really liked it and canā€™t wait for season 2. It is based on the story of Uhtred Ragnarson, a Saxon raised by the Danes. Uhtred comes back home and meets King Alfred.

@alwaysamom, one episode to go. What are you waiting for? :slight_smile:

I am going to keep my mouth shutā€¦and I do want to know what you think of Kyle Chandler after the second season.

I agree with you on the Moorings. Looks incredibly beautiful!

Everytime the show shows the shots of the area, I am amazed. Better go soon because climate change isnā€™t going to be wonderful for that area.

I loved The Last Kingdom, especially since it was based on Bernard Cornwellā€™s Saxon stories, which I love, and so Iā€™ve tried Vikings. So far Iā€™m finding it hard to get into. Iā€™m going to persist, though. :slight_smile: