Binge watched tv shows

I’ve been bingeing through Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt for a few days. Love the satire, great performances.

Wasn’t that the one that was set in Edwardian England? I liked the time-shifting idea but didn’t like the end of the story at all. I’m a big fan of the books though (have read all the stories several times) so just seeing Cumberbatch in “original” costume made me very very happy.

Kids and I hated it too. We watched it to the end, because Cumberbatch! but it was really painful.

Agree. Hated Abominable Bride. I had such high hopes.

Hee. I understand. Our local PBS station showed a movie/docudrama a few months ago that was a biography of Vincent Van Gough scripted entirely from actual letters between Vincent and his brother. Cumberbatch portrayed Van Gough. It was sublime.

A lot of the Cumberbatch Sherlock series has been so good, too, especially “A Study In Pink” and the first Irene Adler episode. I have to believe that the award for Abdominal Bride (a much better name for it) was really recognition for the series, not that particular fairly awful episode.

Kimmy Schmidt continues to be amazing. Has anyone else watched it?

@Consolation - I love Kimmy, too. And Tituss especially. I find I can’t see a certain variety of wine without hearing, “Pinoooooooooooot Noir!!!” Do you know when the new season will be out & bingeable?

I heard a fun fact about UKS…the actor who plays Kimmy was once Jon Hamm’s student in an acting class. I should Snopes it to find out if it’s true!

My Nurse Jackie Burning Questions:

• What happened with her elder daughter's pill problem? One day she was on the road to Jackiness; the next, she's a future Ivy League scholarship student
  • Why didn't her sponsor come kick Jackie's butt when she got out of rehab?
  • Who stole the cash bag at the wedding? Jackie was accused, but I don't remember there being any proof.
  • What happened to Lenny when he got back from Europe?

And perhaps most importantly:

• Why on earth could we not have had more seasons of Bobby Canavale?!?

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated.

I also wondered how her daughter kicked her habit so quickly!

Watching Mr. Robot!! Sooo interesting. Already love Rami Malek!

Jon Hamm for a while was the drama teacher at John Burroughs School, an ultra-fancy private school in the St. Louis suburbs, and Ellie Kemper was a student there. It’s not a coincidence that he has had a regular role in Kimmy Schmidt.

Another, related fun fact: Kemper was a field hockey recruit at Princeton. There is an adorable picture online. http://goprincetontigers.blogspot.com/2010/05/princeton-woman-and-cornell-guy.html

Just finished binging OITNB. Loved this season.

Thanks to the folks who suggested The Last Kingdom. We just finished watching the 1st season and enjoyed it.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but Wallander Season 4 is on Neflix now.

Just finished binge watching season 2 of Bloodline. OMG so intense. Saddened there will not be a season past the 3rd.

Season 4 of Luther is only two episodes, but a total roller coaster ride. Idris Elba great as usual.

For anyone who couldn’t find Mr. Robot back when it was first recommended (way upthread), it’s available on Amazon Prime.

Looking forward to Srason 7 of Shameless, which starts on Sunday Oct 3rd!

I just discovered The Good Wife-- yeah, I know, I’ve been living under a rock…

I am hooked!

I just finished seasons 1-3 of The Americans. I rationed myself to one episode a day but it ended too soon! Alas Season 4 isn’t on Amazon Prime yet and I’m on the edge of my seat!

Up next: Transparent.