Binge watched tv shows

I tried to watch rectifying. Can’t warm up to it. I decided water boarding must feeel like trying to watch Rectify. I thought season 3 of The Fall was the best. I must be a dark person. I didn’t like creepy killings in the first two seasons.

Spoiler alert?

I got tired of watching JD in bed, didn’t care enough for the character to develop any response . To me, the season felt like they cut corners, no further development on the wife or other officers. Left hanging about a few. And about the dream book, her real back story.

I started season 1 of Mr. Robot last night. Hmmmmm, not sure yet, but I do want to see where it goes, so will be watching more when I can binge it.

Mr. Robot is different than anything else. It takes a while.

My wife has some interest in Mr Robot. I started tuning out. Almost but not quite saving grace: most of the coding/hacking is realistic.

The show is probably over, as apparently their marriage is, according to news today.

I just finished Divorce. I liked it.

We started watching Season 3 of Mozart In The Jungle last night, and had a great deal of trouble cutting ourselves off after 5 episodes (and long past my wife’s usual bedtime). It was very engaging – more so than I remember the second season being – with considerably more focus on Rodrigo (Gael Garcia Bernal, who remains stupendous) than on Haley (Lola Kirke, who has somewhat aged out of adorable girl-next-door status). All the other characters fight for limited screen time, although Malcolm McDowell does a lot with what he gets. Partially that’s because the first half of the season mainly takes place in Venice – which looks great, as always – and they don’t bother to get the whole orchestra there. Monica Belluci has a big role as a Callas-like diva of a certain age, with Ana Maria Martinez supplying a gorgeous (and age-appropriate) singing voice for her.

Note on musical celebrity: When Nico Muhly had a cameo as himself, I said, “Look, Nico Muhly’s on the show!” before he was introduced. A testament to the tsunami of publicity Muhly gets.

Oh no, @alwaysamom . Oh well, On Demand is forever.

How realistic their flips are is up for debate. Apparently they make most of their money getting people to pay big $$ for seminars.

Those who are interested in flipping should be following the wonderful real life flip thread! :slight_smile:

I don’t know, @Consolation – you see a lot of their for sale signs in far-flung parts of Southern California

Yes, but how much money do they actually make on each flip, one wonders. :slight_smile: Apparently they made millions from the seminars.

Some episodes, I was surprised just how far they actually commute to those sites where they find the turnarounds. And in S CA traffic. They split the sale profits with their backer.

I don’t watch HGTV much anymore, it’s so full of flips and house hunting. Miss the days when there were some interesting decorators on.

I’m now binging on Scandal (Netflix).

Love this thread – have definitely found many great shows through this that I might never have watched (e.g., Friday Night Lights??? But I hate football!! :slight_smile:

My taste definitely differs from some in here. Immediately engaged by Rectify (saw a great review that suggested it’s either riveted-at-first-viewing or watching-paint-dry); didn’t care for Mozart in the Jungle or Catastrophe. There are shows that I would like, but I hate the gore: Turn, Vikings.

Keep 'em coming!

@consolation, it appears seminars that are absolute rip offs, too – a la Trump University.

@dswinnh : Hating football does not mean you will dislike Friday Night Lights. The football content of the show was never that large, and it declines a lot after the first season. The show’s presentation of football is pretty balanced – you understand what’s positive and what’s negative about it in the town’s culture. There are more than a few important characters on the show who have a negative view of football, although true to the culture portrayed they do not express that view strongly in public.

My daughter has never been to a live football game in her life, or watched more than a couple minutes of one on TV. She has never cared for football. She will gladly tell you that Friday Night Lights is one of the best-written TV series ever.

^^^^^^ 100% agree. Friday night Lights is a great show even if you don’t care for football. The characters and storyline are really about the life in that small West Texas town.

I finished season 1 of Mr. Robot. I was wonderful! that said, I refuse to pay to watch season II.
I am enjoying season 3 of Mozart in the jungle.
This thread is the best thread here on CC. I learn so many great shows to watch!

good grief, there was a Bloodline spoiler on Jeopardy. : (

I heard Bloodline was not renewed