Binge watched tv shows

I made the mistake of reading a Reddit thread about Kevin Spacey and now House of Cards makes me even more uncomfortable.

MASH is a great idea Himom. A friend went mt biking, and fractured nine ribs and his shoulder.
He is done with House of Cards & is bored.

Alh, could you elaborate?
I was going to try watching it, even though it isn’t really what I usually watch, but I like Sissy Spacek and Sam Shepard.

Still watching Scandal. Olivia is starting to get her %#^* together.
I also am going slow through House of Cards.
H watches Vikings with me, but haven’t started this season yet.

My favorite show now that Parks & Rec is finished, is Brooklyn 99.
I love all the characters, read Terry Crews book, and was happy to learn that Andy Samberg is a nice guy and the cast and crew really like each other.

Also still watching Justified. Last season and terrific guest stars.
Mary Steenbergen and Sam Elliott for two, and someone needs to get Jere Burns (& his eyebrows) his own show.

I found Season 3 of House of Cards disappointing and boring.

There is not a lot they can do since the show isn’t about developing the characters at all.
But I just watch one television series a day, and I am curious what they will do with Robin Wrights character.
They desperately need some levity. Spacey breaking the wall doesn’t count.
I would have Mandy Patinkin or Cary Elwes guest star.
:slight_smile:

I too was disappointed in Season 3 of “House of Cards.” They must have rushed to write the scripts.

For those who enjoyed “The Wire” and “Homeland” check out “The Cell.” There are two seasons on Netflix. It was originally aired for two seasons on Showtime. It is about radical Muslims plotting various terror attacks on L.A. It stars a Muslim FBI agent who is deep undercover with a terrorist cell. It’s very good and I don’t recall much about it when it was new. Has anyone else in the world seen it?

I haven’t seen all of Season 3 of House of Cards–(6 episodes down and 6 to go). I agree that this season isn’t as compelling as the other two seasons.

You mean Sleeper Cell?
I started watching it for a while on iTunes, after they canceled Presido Med with Oded Fehr.
It got expensive.
Lots of eye candy though.
:wink:
Fans of Molly Parker ( Jackie) on House of Cards’ might enjoy seeing her in Swingtown.
The premise takes getting used to, but I thought it was well written, with believe able characters, that you cared about.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928173/
She also played Alma Garrett on Deadwood.

Looking forward to the new season of Call the Midwife starting next week! If you haven’t watched thus far and are a fan of BBC productions, I highly recommend checking out the previous seasons.

@emeraldkitty “You mean Sleeper Cell?”

I just came back to correct myself. “Sleeper Cell.” Loved it.

“Call the Midwife” is excellent. I will definitely watch it.

I also like Grimm. Have watched most episodes when or shortly after they are aired, but could see binge watching it. It might be a bit intense and I might not want to watch near bedtime. Could also see binge watching Horatio Hornblower and Lord of the Rings. Maybe also Harry Potter, but haven’t seen many of those videos (tho we did buy some).

MASH is definitely a classic and especially the early seasons are light and happy. Even the later seasons are mostly aligned with my world view, so I find them enjoyable as well. It is reruns of a show D & I used to enjoy watching together when she was convalescing. She’s the one who wanted us to buy the entire set, so we can watch it at our convenience and not have commercials.

Post #120, EK: Bloodline is about the prodigal son returning to a picture perfect family in a picture perfect world. However, there are a lot of dark secrets.

Ive started Season 3 of House of Cards, three different times, and havent made it past episode 2. I am very disappointed :frowning:

I am watching Call the Midwife following a suggestion here. It’s wholesome, a bit too wholesome, like Hallmark wholesome. Does it get a bit spicy later on?

I loved the Bletchy circle. Do you know if there’s a new season coming out?

@iglooo - Not sure how far in you are. There is some drama here and there. It gets a tad spicier but its no House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. A lot of the story lines deal with the poverty and lack of education of the community served and subsequent hardships endured. I really grew to love the characters.

Thanks for the reminder about Bletchley Circle. I need to give that a watch. I heard it was cancelled after Season 2.

I guess I’ll give Friday Night Lights another chance. I’m not really a football fan at all, but enjoy movies like The Blind Side. I watched one episode of Friday Night Lights and thought it was good enough, but didn’t know if I would enjoy watching a series based around football. I guess I hate zombie shows but love The Walking Dead, so maybe this will be the same. I’ll give it another go.

conmama, I HATE high school football, but I definitely got into Friday Night Lights. I just started Season 2 and so far I am kind of disappointed but it seems to be moving in the right direction.

Igloo, that’s what I couldn’t put my finger on about what disappointed me about Midwives.
Not that I wanted something salacious, but the few episodes I watched seemed designed for my grandmother.
I have read that later seasons are grittier.

I’m disappointed with House of Cards, but it prompted me to rewatch last season of Sherlock, with Lars Mikkelsen
So slimey.
( he plays Petrov/Putin in HOC)

Fun factoid – Lars Mikkelsen is Mads Mikkelson’s brother (Maks plays Hannibal in the TV series).

Carry on…

@conmama; I don’t know a thing about football but loved, loved, loved Friday Night Lights…stick with it; you will be addicted.

A poster upthread mentioned Gilmore girls. I watched with my d’s when it was on WB/CW and loved it then but hadn’t seen it since until the poster mentioned it…off I went to Netflix and my life will not be the same…I am totally engrossed/addicted. I read somewhere it is like comfort food for the senses…well it’s doing that for me and more!

That was probably me. LOVE GG. Loving Parenthood now.