Binge watched tv shows

I watched half of one episode of Gilmore Girls and had trouble getting into it. Does it get better?

Did you start with episode 1? I think like all shows it takes a few for the characters to gel etc.

It could have been me, too! We are GG addicts and have watched the whole series through several times. Anytime D is home we watch at least part of a season.

I watch with my D too!

Just finished Bloodline and enjoyed it. I was not a Friday Night Lights fan but Kyle Chandler is excellent in this. Great to see Linda Cardellini and Sissy Spacek. Ben Mendelsohn is the true standout though.

The Parenthood cast has started showing up in Friday Night Lights, now that Iā€™m almost done. Again, thank you for the recommendations to see it. I found it to be really outstanding.

On another thread, someone recommended Dicte (Danish crime, female lead) and I loved it. Also Salamander, which is Belgian. I have to bounce among Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu to find these series.

I really enjoyed Dicte, subtitles and all. Really liked both Wallander versions-British and Swedish. Watching Doc Martin now. First few seasons were good, but seems to be dragging a bit in season 4.

What did you like about Dicte? I watched an episode or two but having trouble warming up to it. I like it when itā€™s like putting puzzle pieces together in a crime show.

I dunno, Igloo. I guess I liked the back stories. So many of these are the same- a divorce or beak-up, some rift, some sidekick. I liked her friendships, she wasnā€™t a loner. But itā€™s not that intellectual, for me. Just diversion. I had decided to find as many Euro Noir as I could, you get to see their lives in their countries . Liked Hinterland, too (Wales.) For some reason I canā€™t explain, Wallander was scary. A lot of good ones, I canā€™t find on my triad (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) - but D is now back on Hulu.

With Dicte, I enjoy the female lead, her relationship with her daughter, and while it is not intellectual it is still stimulating enough for me to watch while on the treadmill. Plus I like to see how life is in other cultures, and this show offers a view to the Danish life.

I also just finished binge-watching Bloodline this afternoon. It was really good. Iā€™ve never seen Ben Mendelsohn in anything before but he was fantastic. In fact, the whole series was perfectly cast.

I finished it, too, because I couldnā€™t wait for someone to tell me all the answers.

The acting was excellent, the settings were beautiful. It was a very sad story and I just thought there wasnā€™t one honorable character in the bunch and that was so depressing. well, maybe Marco.

I just hope I can avoid watching season 2.

We are going to have to re-watch Jane Austen and Poirot for a palate cleansing here.

Similar to Poirot, thereā€™s George Gently, Foyleā€™s war, Midsommer Murders.

Agree on Bloodline on Netflix! I havenā€™t actually binged watched something in several months - including setting aside House of Cards and Homeland episodes to watch this. Great cast, lovely setting, and some pretty good writing. Keep it up Netflix!

Fwiw, from Maureen Dowd this week: ā€œThe co-creator of ā€œHomelandā€ on Showtime revealed recently that when the new season starts, Claire Danesā€™s Carrie Mathison will no longer work at the C.I.A.ā€

I love the quirky little villages shown in Midsomer Murders and the relationship between the two main characters in George Gently. The Swedish version of Wallander is pretty dark but really good.

^Did notice their gardens? Guess what I am planting this spring? Roses and lavendars. I could try Wallander again. I watched a few episode but couldnā€™t get into it tho.

I love their gardens as well but unfortunately I donā€™t have a green thumb.

If you love their gardens you might want to take a look at Rosemary and Thyme. I found it quite entertaining.