Binge watched tv shows

Has anyone mentioned Last Tango in Halifax?

^^ somemom, I think I mentioned it a while back. I really enjoyed that one!

I started watching daredevil on Netflix. It is very good and the fight scenes are amazing!

My husband and I have been binge watching Parenthood (finishing season 5 now) and loving itā€¦any suggestions for something similar (not violent/crime-ish), a good comedy/drama? We like having a show to watch together. Weā€™ve watched Downton.

TempeMom, I was advised here to watch Friday Night Lights. I did and it was wonderful. 5 seasons, 76 episodes, on Netflix and I think Amazon streaming.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/friday-night-lights/news/1932747/why_now_is_the_perfect_time_to_finally_watch_friday_night_lights/

I am no fan of high school (or any) football, nor small towns, nor Texas. But it engaged me right away and I was sorry for it to end.

Oh my. Revenge is over, Scandal season finale tonight. Iā€™ve paced myself with the current House of Cards season, a few more to go. Iā€™ll try Spiral, this summer (French detective show.) Anything else new show up on Hulu, Netflix, Sho, etc, that you recimmend? Incl Euro or international?

We are watching and liking ā€œTurnā€ about Revolutionary War spies. Itā€™s in itā€™s 2nd season on AMC. We watched the 1st season on Netflix.

@lookingforward, I recommend Rectify!!! The first 2 seasons are on Netflix now. Third season starts this summer on Sundance Channel. Itā€™s one of the best shows Iā€™ve ever seen on TV ā€“ beautifully written, beautifully acted, beautifully filmed.

Iā€™m currently binge-watching Deadwood (I never saw it when it first came out). The guy who plays the Reverend in that show (Ray McKinnon) is the creator of Rectify.

H and I have done 8/13 episodes of a new show on Netflix, Grace and Frankie. Itā€™s got a killer line-up and when I first heard who was in it, I thought, gosh, Aaron Sorkin must have produced this. It stars Lilly Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston. Lilly Tomlin and Martin Sheen were in The West Wing together, and Jane Fonda and Sam Waterston were in Newsroom together, so two Sorkin reunions in one show!

Itā€™s about two long-time couples, where the guys (who have been law partners together for 30 plus years) announce to their wives, one night at dinner, that they both want divorces because theyā€™re gay and in love with each other, and are going to get married. This sort of forces Lily Tomlin (Frankie) and Jane Fonda (Grace) to move in together in the beach vacation house both couples owned together as they try to rebuild their lives. But Frankie is an old hippie and Grace is a retired cosmetics mogul and they have never really been able to stand each other. And there are four pretty dysfunctional adult children involved who each react in their own way.

A couple of familiar guest stars have been Mary Kay Place and Craig T. Nelson.

I binged on Bloodline last weekend. It was so good. I loved the complexity of the characters and the way the story unfolded. You were told the ending at the beginning with voice overs and flashbacks throughout. Well done drama.

Just started watching Poldark on Simply June. Only on second episode, but really like it.

Aidan Turner (The Hobbit) stars as Ross Poldark, a redcoat who returns to Cornwall after the American Revolutionary War to discover that his father is dead, his lands are ruined, and his true love is about to marry his first cousin. Also starring is Eleanor Tomlinson (Death Comes to Pemberley) as the fiery servant Demelza, a strong-willed minerā€™s daughter who runs away from home and finds refuge in Poldarkā€™s enlightened household.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/poldark/

Another one who liked Friday Night Lights.

Iā€™m watching Bron/Broen, the Swedish/Danish version. Hulu. Pretty gritty. Lots of sidelines that I suppose will add up, somehow.

Oh my gosh, Grace and Frankie here too!! My husband and I started watching it, and laughed until we almost cried the first episode. The acting talent unleashed here is absolutely ridiculous! It is funny and sweet and painful.

I watched Grace and Frankie in 4 days and am ready for more. Theyā€™ve announced there will be a Season 2 and it canā€™t come soon enough for me. @teriwitt, when I told my oldest what I was doing via text, I said that I was watching a show where Charlie Skinner left Deborah Fiddler for a relationship with Jed Bartlett, who was leaving Leona Lansing for Charlie. His reply was that he had seen the preview on Netflix and he wondered how long it would take me to find this show :slight_smile: Fans of The West Wing and The Newsroom should love it, but it has appeal well beyond that fan base, IMO.

Lately Iā€™ve watched Bloodlines, Grace and Frankie, and Transparent. I started a Transparent thread last night when I finishedā€“I thought it was really good. The others were very good but Transparent really gripped me.

Loved the original Poldark, and I wasnā€™t aware that there is a new series, so thanks for the mention!

I recently watched Seasons 1 and 2 of Last Tango in Halifax and enjoyed it tremendously. Look forward to Season 3.

Teriwit, my favorite guest star was too brief. Joe Morton, coming off from playing Papa Pope on Scandal. It was a little stereotypical, but I bet it was fun after playing the Big bad head of B 613.
I think Craig T Nelsons, and June Diane Rapheal characters are interesting.
I totes loved her on Parks/Rec.
http://youtu.be/FewTWONPHRU

I think their names should be switched however.
Lily Tomlins character should be called Grace, as it evokes the '60ā€™s, which was probably her heyday, and Frankie sounds more pragmatic, like Fondaā€™s character.
Iā€™m also wondering how many male gay couples Robert & Sol are friends with. Is it just a coincidence that their caterers are such a couple? If many of their friends were in similar relationships, wouldnā€™t their wives have wondered why?
I absolutely love the beach house.
I also really liked Geoff Stults ( Briannaā€™s husband), in The Finder. I hope they give him more to do.
The plastic surgeon should get a mention too, everyone looks gorgeous!
Mary Kay Place has my haircut. :slight_smile:
Actually the color is similar too.

I love Last Tango in Halifax, although I would be happier if I could slap a few of the characters. Just a little.
Has the new show with Derek Jacobi & Ian McKellen started in the states yet?

Iā€™m going to start watching The Leftovers tonight. Did anyone watch Season 1?

Thatā€™s next for me, after I finish that creative groupā€™s earlier effort, Damages. I have no idea how this show escaped my notice for so long - itā€™s fantastic. I am expecting more of the same from Bloodline!