Binge watched tv shows

@audiophile , I agree with you about the finale of The Leftovers. I thought it was very good, much better than most of the rest of this season. This show was best when it focused on the character driven writing and not on the departure. The finale did that and even with the innumerable unanswered questions, it was somehow emotionally satisfying.

I finished House of Cards. It was a good season, maybe not the best, but good enough to keep me watching and waiting for next season.

I am sad that The White Princess is ending soon. I really enjoyed it. I hope Starz keeps making the Philippa Gregory novels into miniseries.

There’s a new ITV show called The Loch that folks are saying is like a Scottish Broadchurch. I’m able to pick it up on a free site that’s supposedly safe. So far.

Poldark Season 3 started this past Sunday, in the UK.

I love Poldark!

Did we know there’s going to be a Happy Valley 3? But not out til late 2018.

My nephew recommended The Keepers to me, as I love True Crime. Agree about the finale of The Leftovers. Absolutely loved it.

I finished The Keepers recently
riveting but very disturbing.

I’ve been watching Last Tango in Halifax and really enjoying it. It’s a British series so subtitles help a lot. Great acting, interesting, warm story and humorous too!

Started watching the new season of House of Cards, but couldn’t get into it and bailed. Not sure if it’s the show that has gone downhill or it seems less outrageous in comparison to real life current events.

@audiophile , I agree. Maybe I’ll come back to it. OITNB hasn’t really grabbed me either.

Fargo, otoh, I could watch another 10 seasons of.

@audiophile, HOCs was boring at the first of the season but it did get better towards the end of the season. I finished it a couple of days ago. Now I am watching “Border town”.

Any recommendation for amazon prime videos? My free subscription will be over soon. Is there anything I shouldn’t miss?

I really enjoyed Amazon’s original “Good Girls Revolt.” Unfortunately, it was killed after the first season. Too bad. It was inspiring and the acting was great.

Have you binned on any of the series? We like Mozart in the Jungle and Bosch.

@Iglooo, Definitely both of Singersmom07’s recs.

Just finished “Bordertown”, I Could not stop watching it, gripping and great acting and well written. I loved seeing the
the scenery of Finland. Can’t wait for season 2.

Ooo, oooh. I didn’t realize Bordertown is Finnish. I was working my way through as much Euro Noir as I can find an articles also mention Trapped, from Iceland.

Comedians in Cars getting Coffee. The episodes are short, and it’s very interesting to hear a few short stories and conversations between Jerry Seinfeld and so many comedians. I liked Seinfeld, but wasn’t a big fan of Jerry outside of his show. He’s grown on me after watching this. Plus- omg, the cars are amazing.

Montalbano and Beck on MhZ.

Oh, my, @bordertexan . Cuz I couldn’t find Montalbano or Annika Bengzton before. Or Brunetti. So you pay $7.99 and it streams?