Binge watched tv shows

I started watching War Machine on Netflix. Can’t take Brad Pitt’s vocal portrayal, had to quit.

Loved the new season of OITNB, which I finished yesterday.

I sort of understand Netflix canceling Sense8, which had to be one of the most expensive TV shows ever and was losing its main creator, but I continue to be baffled by Amazon not continuing Good Girls Revolt. I really wanted to see more of those characters.

I finished season 3 of TURN on Netflix last night. Good drama about spies during the American Revolution.

I loved Sense8…I’m sad it won’t be back. But it had to cost a fortune it was so lush and elaborate. It was like watching a feature film every week and I bet it cost as much.

@lookingforward Yes, Dozens of Italian, German, French, Scandinavian shows. They all stream on MhZ. I love the channel. B/T Acorn and MhZ, I have all my European channels covered.

@Singersmom07 I watched a few episodes of Mozart last year. I was cute but got old to me and quit. Started Bosch. Loving it!

It’s a movie, not a series, but Netflix folks who enjoyed, say, Babe, might like Okja. I did.

It is dark, sometimes funny, offbeat and heartwarming and sad.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jun/28/okja-netflix-movies-jake-gyllenhaal-tilda-swinton

My D gave us an Amazon Fire Stick as a present. I was all ready to finally get to watch Silicon Valley only to discover that I need an HBO subscription. Dang it!

So I will move on to Good Girls Revolt, Bosch, and Mozart in the Jungle. That should take awhile:)

There’s a new (?) original show on Netflix called Glow that I like. I have seen the first 3 of I believe 10 episodes total. Glow is actually an acronym for "Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling,’ and it takes place in the 80s when that was a thing. It’s not a sitcom, but it’s funny and I recommend it! Or at least, I recommend the first 1/3 of it.

I saw the first 3 eps also. Still watching and enjoying but not hooked.

I just started GLOW, and I’m enjoying it. I like Allison Brie, who played Trudy on Mad Men, and had a nice turn as the American heiress in Dr. Foster.

I tried to watch The Ranch, because I like Sam Elliot, but I could not get over the laugh track. Just completely unwatchable because of it, so obtrusive. I had to turn it off after about 2 minutes.

I’ve heard good things about Okja, and I plan to watch it soon.

I read about Glow in the New Yorker but the whole wrestling thingy is a turn off for me.

I’m way behind in my binging because there is so much tennis on. I had one day “off” and binged new Grace and Frankie. Haven’t even had a chance to start OITNB.

I’ve now watched the first 3 of The Loch. Good.

@Sally22 did you ever get to watch it? I’m crossing my fingers that the site I found it on holds up.

Season 6 of Offspring is out if anyone is watching it.

@emilybee I saw Season 6 several months ago. A friend’s son-in-law downloaded it. I love this show. It is such a good mixture of humor and reality, with very good writing and excellent acting. The characters are interesting and have flaws, and it’s been fun to watch their development in the many story arcs through six seasons. Season 7 has started in Australia so I’m looking forward to the next round of adventures for the Proudman family.

@lookingforward , Can you tell me how you watch The Loch? I love Euro noir as well, and that popped up on my radar as a good one but was having trouble with where to watch. Thanks

Top of the Lake is coming back in September !!! Enough time to catch up on season 1 for those of you who haven’t seen it. Elizabeth Moss was, as usual, excellent in this series and I bet won’t disappoint in the new one.

I’m halfway through The Keepers and it is riveting! Such an interesting and heartbreaking, not to mention infuriating! story. Yet another very bad story about the Catholic church.

Finished GLOW a couple of nights ago. Not exactly a classic, but I enjoyed it a lot. Alison Brie did a good job establishing a complex, not-so-likable character with real strengths and real weaknesses. Marc Maron is absolutely terrific – it’s hard to understand why he isn’t cast in major roles all the time. And I loved seeing Veronica Mars’ college boyfriend again (pretty boy Chris Lowell playing the wrestling show’s spoiled rich kid producer).

I also appreciate that the episodes are only around 35 minutes long, which is long enough to be satisfying, but watching two or three of them doesn’t require you to take a nap at work the next day.

I just started a separate thread for Game of Thrones, season 7. Starts Sunday!

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/2004514-game-of-thrones-season-7.html

We have 2 episodes left of “Genius” the National Geographic channel biography of Einstein. It is excellent.

Just finished binging The Break. If you are into crime shows, you will like it.