Binge watched tv shows

We finished Grace and Frankie tonight, with an unexpected surprise in the second to last episode. We knew one of the guys in the scene where Grace and Frankie go to the club on ‘yes’ night and two men buy them flights of whiskey! And… nice cliff hanger to leave us with until next season. Hopefully we won’t have to wait until next May.

Just saying Ray Donovan starts season 3 on Sunday. Showtime.

Bron/Broen (Danish-Swedish, “The Bridge,”) was good- interesting female character, but I’m temporarily saturated on subtitles, so Damages may be the next binge.

And Rectify starts today on Sundance Channel.

I watched the first episode of Ray Donovan already on Showtime (they previewed it early) and it was really good. Ian McShane (Deadwood ) and Katie Holmes are new characters this season.

I’m currently binge-watching The Honourable Woman on Netflix. Maggie Gyllenhaal is excellent in this British political/spy series.

LF, thanks for the recommendation of the Danish version of The Bridge. I’d like to watch to see how it compares with the American version.

A couple of reviews said this may be a strong Donovan season.
I could only find Bron/Broen on Hulu. I use them, Netflix and Amazon instant. (And Showtime.) If someone has experience with other online sites, would like to know.

Binge-finished Better off Ted which is hilarious.
Binge watching all survivor seasons and halt and catch fire.

Love this thread because I’m always looking for suggestions.

Here’s a series I strongly recommend: The Honorable Woman, an 8-part miniseries thriller with the fabulous Maggie Gyllenhaall who plays an activist trying to promote better relations between Israelis and Palestinians. Totally binge-worthy.

katliamom, I just said the same in post 182. Actually, I got the original recommendation from you on this very thread a few months ago. Thanks – it’s REALLY good!

Oh, sorry patsmom, indeed I missed your post. Glad you like The Honorable Woman. Nessa is now my new-favorite name.

I am late to the party on Orange is the New Black, but now binge watching and though it’s too raunchy at some points, I am engrossed in the back stories of the different women.

DH also drew me into his recent favorite binge…a British comedy called Scrotal Recall. Yes, appalling title but it’s very funny and often touching.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/04/30/netflix_s_new_comedy_scrotal_recall_is_much_better_than_it_sounds.html

Bailed on Bloodlines after a few episodes. Well scripted and acted, but too “soap opera-y” for me. Finishing first season of “Bored to Death”; quirky, droll and hilarious, particularly Ted Danson’s character. I’ve heard subsequent seasons are even funnier,

Daughter turned us on to “UnREAL”, a guilty pleasure I watch with wife. I wonder how much is based on reality TV, having never watched “The Bachelor”… I’m guessing a lot. Really looking forward to some new Ray Donovan.

Have to say that I liked Donovan on a binge better- no commercials. Undecided whether I’ll watch on the regular schedule.

I read that after the first episode, Bloodlines gets a little mired down for a few, then sucks you in again- anyone have a comment?

Bloodlines got considerably better in the later episodes. You might have given up too soon, audiophile.

OK, perhaps I’ll give Bloodlines another chance. I’m a big Linda Cardellini fan from Freaks and Geeks and the actor who plays Danny is amazing. Kyle Chandler sure squints a lot, though. :smiley:

I just watched Unreal this week too! I don’t know how long I can keep it up because the main character I keep wanting her to do good and, well, …

True, all the characters are proving to be sleazeballs.

We really liked Leftovers as well. Right now we’re watching suits, like the good wife without the politics.

Did anybody like Broadchurch season 2 or House of Cards season 3?

I am not seeing much buzz on those shows.

HOC 3 is the most recent, on Netflix now. It’s different, a little darker. Apparently 4 isn’t coming til 2016.

@dstark - I was SO disappointed in House of Cards 3.

Posters talked about it, earlier in this thread. They did say disappointed. For me, it just wasn’t as juicy, conniving in the same way as before. It seemed more mortal.