Binge watched tv shows

I finally finished watching Stranger Things 2 and really loved it. I was confused the first season and thought Hopper was played by Matthew Modine. I felt a little attracted to Hopper and was horrified! Then H told me that Papa is Mathew Modine so I am happy now that order is restored in the universe, and he is just as creepy and repellent as he always was.

Some thoughts (spoiler alert)

They didn’t need to sacrifice Samwise Gamgee.

I’m glad the doctor survived.
I loved the budding friendship with Steve and the kids, especially Dustin and their hair talk.
The whole thing with Dustin re-meeting Dart was predictable and sappy, but I’m kind of glad for it.
I didn’t like the new Goth El as much and really hated that she was jealous of Max and mean to her.
El’s got to get her “gift” under control!
What will be next in Max’s family? With her angry stepfather and stepbrother…
I loved the scene where Nancy looks at Steve and just says, “Steve…” and you can hear so much in her voice and he says, “it’s OK” because he’s a better person than he was in Season One.

D3 tells me that Netflix is going to use all the child actors in a new series that is set in the US but is a Harry Potter world story from before he was born when V was gaining power. Considering that, and considering the imminent loss of net neutrality - Go Netflix!

@greenwitch - I happened to run across this Sesame Street clip yesterday of…Sharing Things. It’s good, really good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npcqBt_e4k0

I haven’t been keeping up with the thread, but Season 3 of Broadchurch was released on Netflix a few days ago. Savoring it, one episode per day.

Such self restraint, @intparent!

Ha. I just hate it when something I like is all done. Once as a kid I snooped and found all the Christmas presents before they were wrapped. Christmas morning was no fun at all. It has stuck with me all these years. This season is pretty good so far (better than Season 2 in my opinion).

Vikings is back tonight <3

Watching Vickings preshow right now and Godless was really good. Started watching it Monday after work and finished it at 2:00 AM…yep, living up to my name… :smiley:

Broadchurch is feeling incredibly timely so far – the season’s main plot is a rape case.

There are only a small handful of shows that I’ve wanted to binge watch several episodes in a row. First on my list is the early seasons of Dexter. It’s an incredibly captivating storyline that often ends on cliffhangers, so I’ll want to keep watching the full season to find out how it ends. A list of others in rough order from highest to lowest is below.

Dexter
Mr. Robot
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Silicon Valley
True Detective (only season 1)
True Blood
The Walking Dead
Shameless
Attack on Titan, Death Note, and various other anime
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Interesting web site https://netflixtvshowsreview.com/category/bbc-tv-series/

Where did we see season 3 of Broadchurch? Was it on amazon? I was excited, and then realized that we already saw it. Bummer.

Maybe it was in another platform – it just appeared on Netflix this week. I didn’t love Season 2, but feel like they got their stride back in Season 3 (2 episodes to go)!

I just started Dreamland. It’s an Aussie sitcom. People who liked The Office wouid like it. I’ve even been able to get H to watch it with me.

What’s Dreamland about and in what way does it resemble TheOffice?(tone, humor, topics, characters…?)

Easier to just post this than explain. It was called Utopia in Oz but Dreamland in US and UK.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(Australian_TV_series)

Half way through the second season of “The Last Ship” and am loving it! Available on Hulu right now

Thanks!

Thanks @psychmomma – we watched the first 2 episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime) last night and are hooked. I’d also heard an interview with the actress on NPR.

We didn’t get hooked right away on Godless, but may try it again after MMM.

Binged on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel this weekend and loved it. Very witty. Produced by Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino; I liked Miriam Maisel infinitely better than Lorelai Gilmore.

DH and I are enjoying The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Having never seen Gilmore Girls, DH is amazed by the writing.