Binge watched tv shows

I just started the Hatfields and McCoys on Netflix - missed it back in 2012 somehow. Kevin Costner is wonderful, I’m really enjoying it.

Just heard Netflix will go ahead with the next season of House of Cards, minus Spacey.

Another thumbs up for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. So beautifully made, the writing is so good, the acting superb – totally binge-worthy!

For those suffering “Stranger Things” withdrawal, give “Marvel’s Runaways” on Hulu a try. A bit cliche (parents are evil and teens are cool), but I’m finding it very enjoyable and compelling. Five episodes out so far, with more to come.

Loved everything about the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel…wonderful music!

Just started watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I’m very impressed with Rachel Brosnahan. At first I couldn’t figure out where I recognized her from but finally realized that she was the call girl Rachel in House of Cards. The roles couldn’t be more different but she really shines in Maisel!

We also love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel—funny, smart great period sets and costumes (late 50s),wonderful music and acting. It’s on Amazon Prime.

I guess The marvelous Mrs. Maisel is not on Netflix? I am watching EASY on Netflix. It’s quite good.

Everything about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is great. And it’s not just Rachel Brosnahan, either. The actors playing the parents, Susie, and Joel are great, too.

Having already finished MMM, I have been watching Trapped on Amazon, based on the recommendations here, and really enjoying that. It’s by-the-book current Nordic Noir, but a great execution of that genre’s rules and themes.

The only issue with Trapped is all that snow while it’s fall here. Bad winter comes soon enough. Lol.

@JHS you might enyoy Hinterland, too. Also, have you seen either Wallander series? Dicte was ok, with a female journalist in the lead.

My issue with Trapped is my issue with lots of Icelandic drama. Iceland is so amazing visually, but most of what’s important happens to people in cramped quarters inside and/or in the dark.

I think the Icelandic “Rettur” (called “Case,” in the subtitled version?) is set in summer. I only just started Case.

@lookingforward that is on my list, too. How is it so far?

Barely started it and reviews seem to say it starts slow and then grabs you.

It’s next after I finish Mindhunter and Salamander.

There is going to be a Season 2 of Big Little Lies. happy dance

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/entertainment/big-little-lies-season-2/index.html

I think I saw Case a few years ago, shortly after coming back from Iceland. It starts with a dancer found hanging in the National Theater, right? And there’s a middle-aged female police detective, and a somewhat sleazy (but ultimately righteous) private investigator? If memory serves, it overwhelmingly takes place in Reykjavik (and there inside offices, homes, and the theater), summer or not.

Finally started watching Broadchurch. It’s great! Sucks you in right away. I’ve watched the first 2 episodes and have lots more to look forward to.

Finished the Crown Season 2 this week. Sad there will be no more Claire Foy and Matt Smith.