Binge watched tv shows

Thank you for mentioning Episodes. I thought it looked interesting but I was sitting on the fence.

Iā€™ve seen Episodes except the newest season. Itā€™s quirky and hilarious. I love the British couple. Matt LeBlanc is as funny as ever.

@veruca or anyone else who likes snowy drama, I just started watching a six-episode Canadian crime series on Hulu called Cardinal. I havenā€™t seen it mentioned on this thread before. It stars Billy Campbell (a favorite of mine) as a troubled detective investigating the murder of a young First Nations girl. After only watching one episode, Iā€™m hooked.

I really liked Cardinal but some episodes arenā€™t for the faint of heart. Itā€™s six episodes per season, one big story for the whole season, and Season two just started. I also like the young French Canadian actress, sheā€™s very good.

Thanks @Mom2jl , @MYOS1634 is it gory?

Not exactly, but you see the sadistic kidnappers with their victim and while you donā€™t SEE some of the most awful stuff itā€™s still awful. Those were too hard for me but Iā€™m very afraid of violence.

Just in time for a new showā€¦ Cardinal sounds good! There is a new BBC show being shown on AMC called McMafia about the Russian mob in England. Starts end of February.

amylou2 we watched 4 episodes of Search Party and then havenā€™t been back. I like the Dory character but my husband and I find the others obnoxious. I get that they are supposed to be, but it gets a bit tedious.

LBowie I can totally understand that. It just hit me at the right time on a rainy indoor day I guess. Season 2 was awful.

in the last month iā€™ve binge watched the show Shameless on netflix. on the 7th season so far.

Itā€™s kind of crazy; half dark comedy; half drama about a very dysfunctional impoverished family. Some parts are realistic; some are completely not. I LOVE one of the characters ā€“ Lip. Anyone else watching? Its definitely not for kids; yet they have kid actors in it. I wonder how that works.

Iā€™ve seen most of the first season of Shameless. Yes, it is scandalous! Pretty funny though. Iā€™ll have to get back to it after we finish Suits.

Any recommendations for a good family drama/comedy binge? Watched Parenthood, then binged on Friday Night Lights thanks to this forum. Over the summer, I binged on Gilmore Girls after reading about it on here. I usually watch a lot of law and order/medical dramas - so would like to binge on something more like Parenthook or Friday Night Lights.

@arisamp, have you been watching This Is Us?

Home sick and finally watched Broadchurch! Finished season 1 and into season 2 where Dect. Miller is on the stand explaining herself. Fingers crossed Beth will finally let Ellie in. So much Iā€™d like to say.

Brothers and Sisters is a lot like Parenthood. I think you can find it on Hulu.

@arisamp Thereā€™s a great Australian show you might like called Offspring on Netflix. Loved it a lot! Much more than any of the U.S. similar family dramas.

@arisamp, try Offspring. Itā€™s on Netflix.

@bgbg4us yes Iā€™m up to date on Shameless.

It makes me feel really good about my family :stuck_out_tongue:

@arisamp :

1. The Path just began its third season on Hulu. It was developed by Jason Katims, who was the key person responsible for both Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. It's essentially another multi-family family drama, where all of the families are connected to a specific cult which seems to be sort of a version of Scientology with separate communities, that is going through a critical generational transition with the illness and possible death of its charismatic founder. The central characters are played by Aaron Paul and Michelle Monaghan. They are a married couple where she is the daughter of very early members, raised in the cult and something of a princess there. Everyone loves her (who wouldn't?), and she is a potential leader of the whole shebang, or if not that she could be the kingmaker. He is a man who came to the cult as a late teen with a troubled past and straightened himself out there. He loves the work they do helping troubled people, but he has doubts about the founder, their treatment of members who want to leave, and some of the crazier aspects of the cult's beliefs. They have two kids, one a very cute teenage boy, whose good looks are potentially subversive to cult discipline. It's pretty well done. I have only watched the first season, though.
  2. The great family dramas that preceded the current crop are My So-Called Life (a teenage Claire Danes plays a very realistic teenage girl), developed by the thirtysomething team, and Freaks and Geeks, which gave the world Judd Apatow, Jason Segel, James Franco, Seth Rogen, Busy Phillips, and Martin Starr. Both are easily bingeable, because neither made it through two whole seasons, and they are really high quality. Both focus more on the teens than on the parents, although there's somewhat more parent focus in My So-Called Life.
  3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is great, too.

And Linda Cardellini!!