Binge watched tv shows

Blackish is fun and cute -if you want something light with a bit of cultural food for thought. It is on Hulu
Edited to add -it is a sitcom not a family drama, and feels like a sitcom -but I think it is done well.

@veruca Iā€™m not a huge fan of Black-ish but I am really enjoying Grown-ish - the series goes with daughter Zoe to college.

will check that out
Thanks!

Love Freaks and Geeks.

And so many others! Matt Czuchry, Jason Schwartzman, Shia LeBeouf, Ben Foster, Rashida Jones, Amy Aquino, Mike White. Lots of talent on that show.

Linda Cardellini was wonderful in Freaks and Geeks. I donā€™t understand why her subsequent career has been so underwhelming. Sheā€™s been great whenever Iā€™ve seen her, but thatā€™s not very often.

I liked Linda Cardellini a lot in Bloodline.

Rewatching old ER shows, and Linda Cardellini is in the later years.

Iā€™ve watched every season of Shameless and have been watching the current season on Showtime. William H Macy is such a talented actorā€“he is one of the main reasons I watch the show. Plus, I love stories about dysfunctional families (and the Gallaghers are supremely dysfunctional).

H and I also started watching Longmire on Netflix. Thanks to the CCer who mentioned it in this thread.

Yes, she was in six or seven seasons of ER. Despite a couple of comments in this thread, she has worked more consistently than most actors do.

That may be true, but it pales in contrast to her peer-castmates in Freaks and Geeks. The boys rule Hollywood, and the main other girl (Busy Philipps) seems to pop up everywhere and apparently has the worldā€™s best publicist.

As a relative newbie to HBO, my husband and I are really enjoying The Newsroom. Weā€™re late to the show (since it concluded in 2014), but the topics are timely. We also appreciate the fact that weā€™ll be able to binge watch without having to wait for new episodes.

That was a great show.

@doschicos - yes, I caught up on last yearā€™s episodes of This is Us and am not current with the show. Waiting to see the episode on Super bowl sunday.

Thanks for the recommendations. Freaks and Geeks, OffSpring, Marvelous Mrs Maisel are going on the list. Only have netflix - no hulu :frowning:

+1 to Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Love it.

Thanks to everyone who recommended it along with Mozart in the Jungle which I just started watching. Both are great.

Is Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Netflix? I am too cheap to get Amazon prime.

Amazon Prime. It is an Amazon Original.

@doschicos, you will be well positioned for the new season of Mozart in the Jungle if you are starting now. I think season 4 comes out in March. I love that show.

Iā€™m only about 5 episodes in but love it already. Iā€™ve always been a huge fan of Gael Garcia Bernal since first ā€œdiscoveringā€ him in Y Tu Mama Tambien. Loved him in Motorcycle Diaries and many other films as well. Itā€™s fun watching him have fun with this role as Rodrigo. Itā€™s also fun learning more about the whole music world in the process.

I am the only one not excited about Mozart in the Jungle. It was quite interesting initially but after a little while it was just another soap with elitistic vent because of classical music.