Binghamton University Transfers Fall 2019

@rbfall2019 I submitted my application on feb.23rd and all the supporting documents on March 15
how much does mid-term report affect your decision

@kris2222 I’m not sure but I assume it depends on how many college credits you’re applied with. When I applied, I only had my fall semester grades from my freshman year so I think they might put a little bit more weight on my mid-term grades.

@rbfall2019 did you get a decision yet

hi! did anyone apply to decker? i applied as a junior transfer on feb 19th and havent heard back yet.

I got accepted into SOM today

@kris2222 Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m in a similar situation as you- submitted all my supporting documents on March 13th and applied to SOM but haven’t heard back yet. Thanks in advance.

Applied March 30 to Harpur. Trascript received April 3rd, no decision yet.

Would be entering my Junior year if I transfer.

S applied to SOM (finishing AS in Accounting at a CC), denied but accepted to Harpur. He wants an accounting degree and has taken most of the required accounting courses. How easy / practical is it to transfer into SOM once there, or to take the remaining requirements as a Harpur student then just petition for accounting degree?

I should clarify. On the denial email there was an option asking if he wanted to apply to Harpur. He said yes and on the same or next day, he was admitted to Harpur. But he wants the accounting degree and, if necessary, would attend a different SUNY or CUNY to get it.

accepted harpur, undeclared

when did you send your application?

I sent mine in on February 11h heard back yesterday. Denied from Decker with a 3.95 GPA and around 30 credits.

Did you have any outstanding prerequisite ? I have 2 remaining and 3.7 gpa, do you think I’ll get in?

@eanders same here, so sad ): I have a 3.8 gpa with only Microbio pre-req left. I felt really sad and discouraged because I thought I had a pretty good chance of getting into Decker. Spoke to a counselor and said that it was either because 1. there were no more seats left when they got to my app (they only accept 15 soph transfers and 15 junior transfers) or 2. a student who has a “3.5 gpa and completed pre-req” was a “better/more competitive” candidate than I was… Idrk if that’s true, I feel like she was just bs-ing it LOL. I suggest you get in touch with them if you want an explanation as well!!

@friedchicken123 I was told by admissions that they accept 180 transfer students. Around 850 applications.

does anyone know if there’s an fb group or anything for transfers to meet on/ find roommates

Can we exchange email ? I’m a transfer also looking for roommate. Are you a male/female.