Black life at Brown vs. Yale?

<p>Hi! I'm trying to decide between applying early to Brown and Yale. I love and have visited both schools. I was just wondering what the social setting is like for African Americans at each school. Any advice or commentary would be great! Thank you!</p>

<p>This is super late but I attended a program at Brown this summer and my RA was Black. From what I can tell there’s not a huge Black presence on campus (But really where are you going to find that besides a few state schools and HBCUs? :slight_smile: but it didn’t seem like the worst place in the world. As long as you find an accepting group of friends Brown seems like a really fun place to go to school. I would definitely place it ahead of Yale in terms of tolerance, but I don’t have anything real to base that off of. Just the vibes I get from both schools.</p>

<p>Go to Yale homie!</p>

<p>Wait yale isn’t very tolerant? D: noooo I was thinking of applying there scea… What about harvard?</p>

<p>I think Yale is as tolerant as any elite institution that is not HBCU. I also think it’s a little bit ahead of a Brown when it comes to it’s support programs and student enrollment. The strongest in the Ivy League at this time may be Columbia. </p>