Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

“you may consider the possibility of transferring to BU after two semesters of strong academic work at another accredited college or university. Each year, we enroll students through our transfer admission program, and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this option with you.”

i am not quite sure what this means, is this an invitation to reapply that’s not guaranteed?

2 Likes

no email

DS rejected/denied. I feel bad for him because he thought this was a good fit (but not so much of a good fit he was willing to apply ED). 3.85uw/4.2w, 1450SAT,10 IB courses, Calc I-IV at local state university, National/International Wushu ranking, speech and debate, some volunteering.

Congrats to those who got in and virtual hugs to those kiddos who didn’t this round; you’ll find your place :heart:

8 Likes

Oh contraire…5 years ago my older son’s Georgetown decision (they still used snail mail that recently) got lost in the mail for a week. All school would tell him was it was sent…it arrived crumpled and wet 7 days after everyone else knew whether they were in…he loved it there but not the best start:)

1 Like

Congratulations!

Try again next year. Lol

“Should you remain interested in Boston University, you may consider the possibility of transferring to BU after two semesters of strong academic work at another accredited college or university. Each year, we enroll students through our transfer admission program, and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this option with you.”

1 Like

If the letter says Guaranteed transfer it is guaranteed. Otherwise just reapply and hope for the best.

1 Like

Rejected

1 Like

Accepted! 4.0 UW, SAT 1580, 8 AP

Yes - it’s an invitation to apply. My son received a guaranteed transfer - wording was different and definitive.

3 Likes

Rejected

No email and rejected

Accepted

i got in!!

1 Like

Please post stats for reference-thx!
Decision
Gpa
Test scores/TO
Major

Accepted