Brown Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

I mean inside of the Banner portal, if you click into it, do you see any documents received besides fafsa and css. Does anyone have a worksheet, Tax returns etc.

@piperfitch My daughter has the FAFSA, the CSS profile, the noncustodial parent profile and the noncustodial parent waiver under the financial aid. She also has a message from the financial aid office at the top of the screen regarding the parent waiver. There are no tax returns or verification worksheet though.

1 Like

This is what I have:
CSS/Financial Aid Profile
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Non-Custodial Parent Profile**

The site also has the following message:I
f no requirements appear below as outstanding, we have all the necessary information to determine your financial aid eligibility at this time. The Office of Financial Aid or Loan Office will notify you via email if additional information is needed.

1 Like

Ummm
 because somebody asked a question of how to find it and I was responding to that question. But more specifically, why we would care is because people like to be sure that all of their forms are submitted properly. With most schools you could check this information for the last 3 months. For some reason with Brown, you could not until now.

4 Likes

Thanks! I was confused whether it was portal astrology or not.

Oh! No
 definitely not portal astrology. It was something that had bugged me for months. I have checklists and one of the few things I have been unable to check off was that Brown received the financial aid forms and CSS profile. (I think there are two schools we have been unable to confirm financial aid and two or three schools we have been unable to confirm receipt of SAT scores.) As of the other day I suddenly could, and it made me oddly happy.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 11.04.36 AM
Anyone’s look like this?

2 Likes

no. Mine is missing some stuff.

We only have CSS,Fafsa, and noncustodial parent document. That third thing struck me as rather weird if they aren’t asking for the custodial parent documents.

1 Like

Has anyone received a likely letter?

No, just fafsa and css. Seems to be a not great sign from what I have read (but in no way am I saying that it is 100% certain!)

1 Like

Yes. My DD has supporting tax docs after FAFSA and CSS. The supporting docs are dated 3/4 while the FAFSA and CSS are dated in November. This is also true for Dartmouth (same date).
She sent an update on 3/1 w/ some new awards that was added on 3/2. Not sure if this is relevant.

Do you mean just having the fafsa and css lasted is a bad sign? Curious why as that’s what is listed in mine.

2 Likes

Same intrigue and astrology going on in Yale thread. None of this is a sign of anything.

1 Like

In the past there has been a correlation with Brown specifically, yes, but this year who knows. I am not making any claims otherwise. I am sure the Brown Admissions department, being the highly intelligent people they are, wouldn’t allow a known portal astrology to continue. At least, I hope not.

Yes - ours shows several additional supporting documents, all dated 3/21.

What is the astrology saying, can someone summarise what I should be looking for

2 Likes

Yes please provide some guidance on the astrology to what the extra documents mean or do not mean.

My son applied to quite a few colleges last year and none of the portal astrology meant anything (and you know GenZ is going to be all over it) except for Berkeley where his portal had some line that morning and then in the late afternoon kids who got the lines he had in his portal were accepted.

Looking at previous year’s threads it meant acceptance (but it’s a limited sample)

1 Like