Brown Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

i dont think so necessarily, it could just indicate that based on his aid and personal info they submitted that they qualify for the said opportunity. The aid office and the admissions office are two completely separate facilities that work independently from one another.

I believe that there may be some co-relation between admission and financial aid department. Fin Aid wonā€™t spend time and process every application. They wait for a signal from admissions team to process further on fin aid.

11 Likes

Yes true but do you have the same message on the portal?

Looks like you got in :grinning:

I agree! Looks like you got it! Congratulations!

Once again this isnā€™t necessarily an indicator, but if it is then congrats.

Looks like an auspicious sign to me! I also donā€™t think Brown gets into the nitty gritty of FA if they a student is in the ā€œnoā€ pile. But, I suppose that could be automatically triggered by a low FAFSA EFC which would have been in the system for everyone.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have a low EFC but i donā€™t have that message :0

2 Likes

I donā€™t.

I think this is a good sign.

2 Likes

I really think that is promising. Do you mind telling me what documents you have listed under financial requirements? Just CSS and FAFSA or are there other specific tax documents like tax returns, etc?

2 Likes

I donā€™t even have a tab that says ā€œfinancial aid messagesā€

1 Like

Click ā€œBanner Self-Serviceā€ under financial aid then messages should appear in a list

Do we know any stats on how many applications Brown received as of yet? Kind of (desperately) hoping maybe Brown didnā€™t get quite as much of a Covid surge bc it has the three supplemental questions which made it slightly less easy to throw in an app.

Just musing out loud after watching this crazy acceptance season.

Nine percent increase this year.

Welp, 9% isnā€™t 20% which happened at some schools. I think all the extra touches also might help identify kids who really werenā€™t fully invested?

Never thought Iā€™d be nostalgic for sitting at the typewriter when I applied to college in the 90s. Lol.

Thanks for info - appreciate it!

2 Likes

Agree completely- wl at ne and rejected bu today. She has stats that match if not exceed the ivys. Praying for some good news next week but doubtful. This has been hell for these kids who have already had a rough 4 yrs. They have already been flooded by disappointed, was hoping this season was not going to be an add on.
Realize many are doing well so congrats to those teens!

4 Likes

This is my first time hanging out at CC for this process (my other kid was conservatory bound). Itā€™s confused me that ā€˜targetā€™ schools by stats turned into waitlists/rejections. My kid is very ā€˜spike-yā€™ and has a unique and compelling story. I figure AOā€™s just had 20-25% less time to look at applications and thus looked for easy ways to categorize kids rather than take the time to really consider certain ones? We knew the reaches were really chancy and have no illusions about Brown.

For parents who have been here before, is there a sense here that the number/pattern of rejection and waitlist results is unusual this year?

2 Likes

Met a family today with 1 acceptance 7 waitlists and nothing else. Now waiting on Ivies. Itā€™s heartbreaking.

3 Likes

Oh god. Poor kid. Thankfully we cast a really wide net because we knew it would be a weird year and my kid is not a typical star student.

So we have acceptances from a few super safeties that we forced him to apply to - none of which he really wants to go to. Five waitlists, of which (by CDS numbers from last year), only 1 could turn into a call up - Colby. The others took 0-3% off their waitlist last year.

His top choice is actually Vassar and the only thing tipping in his favor is that heā€™s a guy and guys have a better acceptance rate thereā€¦but we are preparing for a rejection.

Kenyon is the best acceptance he got which is fantastic, but after this terribly jarring process heā€™s so down that nothing feels right at this point.

1 Like