BS Class of 2023 Thread

I’m SAS '23!!

1 Like

Taft '23!

GO BIG RED
EXETER’23

Go Lions!

It’s Kent '23 for HopefulKid2!

How are your revisits going? We had one this week that was less than ideal. While all of the panels and events were great, my daughter, who is very outgoing, positive and pretty much gets along with everyone, was paired with a less-than-ideal host. She didnt introduced my daughter to anyone, they ate alone, and she answered every question with “I don’t know.” My daughter said she felt like she was the one giving the tour! My sense if that the girl wasn’t indifferent or trying to deliver a bad experience, but that the task was quite simply beyond her social resources. My daughter was pretty much enrolling in this school regardless of how revisits went, but others are obviously making decisions based on their revisits. Quite honestly, if we were in that group, we’d be looking elsewhere. Do you think I should notify the school given that they have additional revisit days coming up? I don’t want to be difficult, but I feel like she at the least requires more guidance before she takes another student around for a full day!

@ProudDramaMama I would absolutely inform the school. Might be worth a quick call to the admission office vs an email in my opinion.

I’m sorry @ProudDramaMama about your less than ideal revisit day. We too had a poor tour guide when initially narrowing our list, and while as an adult I could see beyond the “not in the right job” aspect, our child could not and the school did not make the cut as a result. I did feel it was important to let the admissions team know as it was obvious that our guide did not care much for her school and other families would likely see/hear/feel that too. In your case, your guide simply might need additional coaching, and if I were someone in the admissions office I would be grateful for the feedback.

I agree, @ProudDramaMama. Sometimes a school needs to know something, and that sounds like one of those times.

I also think it is important to educate our kids that quieter, more introverted types can be brilliant intellectuals and amazing leaders, even if they lack the easy charm and social skills of their more extroverted peers. It truly takes all types.

Also… Not everyone is suited for a “sales” job… and not everybody wants to be on the receiving end. My somewhat introverted child hated overly peppy and enthusiastic tour guides and hosts, for example, and tired of their constant yammer. I found them charming and engaging. Go figure.

Of course. And if time allows, your daughter should have a wonderful experience especially since she is choosing to attend. She should be filled with excitement and anticipation for her arrival due to some of the experiences had during revisit!!

Lawrenceville, Taft, Hill, Pennington and Hun for us! We are going to Lawrenceville!!

Does that mean that you’ve chosen Lawrenceville? Or that Lawrenceville is the next school on your revist list? Either way, if you have chosen Lawrenceville, how cool!!! It’s so convenient! And you’ll love attending school in the Princeton U. area. And if you are just going on a revist, then enjoy!

@MariFeigh …Oh no, we accepted Lawrenceville 5 mins after we were accepted! No need to visit the others, we know what we have!

1 Like

LOL! UNDERSTOOD!!! Enjoy Lawrenceville! We used to live near there and I loved the area. <3

It’s official - Episcopal High School class of 2023 for my daughter!

Congratulations @westcoastmom987!

Congrats!

Go big blue! It’s official, Andover '23 for me!

Congrats!

Longtime lurker on CC. It’s official that my daughter will be with the Episcopal High School class of 2023.